chapter 45: Master Wei

Zhang Xiu was actually someone who’s very good at hiding his thoughts, but this was for outsiders. When he was in front of Lin Ze, he could not hide it because of his affection. He instinctively relies on Lin Ze without any defense.

So when Zhang Xiu said to let him handle it, Lin Ze realized something was wrong with his wife.

Ah Xiu, being reserved in emotions, would not normally take the initiative to say any sweet words to him, but his actions were extremely clingy. Right now, he would rather give up the chance to go shopping with him to seek some kind of peace symbol, obviously having some secrets.

Today, the temple fair was crowded and unsafe. Lin Ze and He Xiangfeng could not feel at ease letting Zhang Xiu and the other man run around casually, so they naturally followed them quietly.

After not walking a few streets, they saw the two naughty youths entering a grand mansion, and the plaque at the entrance of the mansion read ‘Guo Residence.’

“The Guo Residence of Guoji Rice Mill?”

Lin Ze and He Xiangfeng looked at each other, both showing great surprise in their eyes. Since when did their wives know the master’s family in town?

One should not be fooled by the name ‘Guoji Rice Mill,’ which might sound ordinary but was actually a well-known hundred-year-old shop in Nanyang Town. Most of the grain business within a hundred miles was controlled by the Guo family, and the number of tenants renting and farming Guo family fields in various villages was countless.

To put it bluntly, this Guo Residence could be said to be one of the richest families in Nanyang Town. Moreover, someone in their family used to be a scholar, so their status was much higher than that of ordinary merchants.

The two boys from the village actually easily entered the Guo Residence, which surprised Lin Ze and He Xiangfeng.

Filled with doubt and more worried about his wife, Lin Ze did not care about much else. He took out the jade pendant that proved his scholarly status, which he had placed in his inner clothes, and hung it around his waist. He immediately went to inquire of the steward at the entrance.

After being ridiculed by his former classmates in the study last time, Lin Ze became more cautious, knowing that his ancient identity was more important than he had imagined. So, every time he went out afterwards, he would bring the jade pendant that proved his status to prevent any critical moments.

Upon seeing the jade pendant at his waist, the steward’s serious expression immediately turned respectful, not daring to be difficult at all.

“The steward has seen the scholar. The scholar doesn’t need to be anxious. Today, our lady has invited the wives and husbands of various scholars to the mansion for a feast, intending to find a teacher for our young master.”

“I think the scholar’s husband must have wanted to surprise you, so he didn’t inform you. If the scholar doesn’t mind, why not come into the mansion and wait? Our master has also set up a poetry banquet in the front courtyard, and many scholars are there…”

“Finding a teacher? What kind of teacher are you looking for?”

Lin Ze listened to the steward’s words with some curiosity, as he had not heard this news before.

“It’s to find a teacher, sir. Some time ago, our lady went to the temple to pray, and the old abbot gave a prediction, saying that our young master is a top scholar but lacks a suitable teacher. As you scholars are all outstanding talents, it’s natural not to be chosen at will. So, our lady took the initiative to invite the wives and husbands of scholars to come for a feast…”

Making money, taking exams and supporting the familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें