chapter 25: The ending of the wild boars

The farce ended when Yang Guifang and her daughter, Zhang Yinzhu, left, leaving the villagers in a state of confusion.

Even Li Laofu, the village chief, had a bewildered expression on his face, feeling that something was not right while looking at Lin Ze, who still appeared indignant. However, he could not pinpoint exactly what was wrong. The main issue was that when the two, Lin Ze and Yang Guifang, each slapped one another, it not only stunned Zhang Yinzhu, but also left everyone else dumbfounded.

Since Li Laofu could not figure out what was wrong, he simply stopped thinking about it.

After all, since the person at the center of the beating had left without pursuing the matter further, why should he go looking for trouble for himself?

However, regarding Lin Ze’s behavior of resorting to violence without any provocation, it had to be mentioned that if the villagers started imitating such actions in the future, it would be a headache for him as the village chief.

“Uncle, rest assured, I was just too excited earlier. As long as they don’t bully my wife, I can agree to anything.”

Lin Ze promptly apologized.

However, when it came to his words… Well, saying it was like saying nothing. If anyone dared to provoke his wife, he would probably resort to violence again.

They did not expect this bookish scholar to have such a fiery temperament!

Unfortunately, Li Laofu and the other villagers could not come up with any counter arguments. Could it be that protecting one’s wife was not appropriate?

No, that was not acceptable. Any man would not allow their wife to be bullied. If it were them, they would probably resort to violence as well.

In the end, after struggling to find a response for a while, everyone tacitly put aside the previous commotion and stopped caring about it.

Through this incident, everyone’s perception of Lin Ze changed once again. They now saw him as a cornered wolf, someone not to be provoked unless necessary.

As for now, eating meat was more important!

With Yang Guifang and her daughter, the troublemakers, gone, the villagers’ enthusiasm and attention returned to the wild boar meat once again.

It was not easy for rural families to have a taste of meat. Recently, they had been busy with farm work and exhausted. It would be nice to buy some meat and replenish at home. Besides, the meat sold by Lin Ze was three coins cheaper than in town.

The remaining villagers maintained order and did not cause any more trouble. The meat was quickly sold out.

Lin Ze and the others were in a very good mood as they counted the copper coins, completely unaffected by the earlier incident.

“Lin Ze, take good care of Xiu Ger. Things will get better. I’m going back with Luo Ger. I’ll go to the mountains to collect things with my brothers at night, so you don’t need to go.”

He Xiangfeng said, patting Lin Ze’s shoulder before leaving. His attitude now had a touch of camaraderie.

Zheng Xiaoluo also looked at Lin Ze more favorably. It was evident that Lin Ze’s attitude towards Yang Guifang and her daughter had won their hearts.

“Don’t worry, I understand.”

Lin Ze replied, smiling and nodding.

Actions speak louder than words when it comes to providing assurance. He knew that Zheng and He were good to his wife.