chapter 52: Fang Shanyuan's Desperate Situation

On the second day of the Temple Street Fair, the married couple Lin did not go to town to enjoy. Instead, they baked bread and asked He Xiangfeng and his wife to help them set up a stall in town to sell it.

After all, the bread business was indeed profitable. Delaying for a day would mean earning several taels less. Occasionally, a delay was not a problem, but if they did not go to do business regularly, it would also affect the credibility of their business.

So Lin Ze considered it and simply discussed it with the He family. When there was something at home that delayed them, they would ask the two aunties from He family to help out at the stall. It would be easier in the future when they had a shop.

As for why they still chose the He family instead of Lin Ze’s own relatives, Lin Ze had plans in mind and was not in a hurry for the time being.

With someone helping with the business, the next day Lin Ze wrote a plea at home, while Zhang Xiu and Luo Ger acted separately to find the audience for the play.

He Xiangfeng went to town, besides finding some beggars and vagrants for ‘propaganda’ purposes, he was also responsible for inquiring about the Wei family.

Knowing oneself and the enemy ensures victory in a hundred battles. The memories of the original body were limited, and to kill the enemy with one move, more powerful evidence was needed…

Meanwhile, Master Wei hurriedly wrote a letter after returning home, asking his servants to deliver it to his contacts.

He also sent a letter to the county magistrate Wang at the county town. After all, he had run a private school for many years, and many of his students had come out of it. While the money earned was average, he had earned quite a bit of face. It was easy to solve small problems by sending a letter.

However, Wei Hongjue, while hating Lin Ze for not knowing what was good for him, was even more angry at his own indulgence towards his daughter, Wei Yunying, such a brainless and foolish daughter.

In the past, he thought that although his daughter had some spoiled traits, it was normal to spoil her since she was the only child in the family. Moreover, his daughter was smart, excelling in poetry, scholarship, and female skills. Apart from her bad temper, everything else about her was excellent.

But he did not expect that her bad temper would be such a big problem. When something happened, she would act impulsively, caring only about venting her anger and disregarding the interests of the family. She even showed no respect for her own husband in front of outsiders!

What he was most worried about now was not Lin Ze, but the fear that the Zhou family could not bear his daughter’s temper and divorce her. He also knew a little about what his daughter had done in the Zhou family after her marriage.

No matter how much face Master Wei had, it could not compare to a desperate person.

In short, this time Wei Yunying’s bad temper had caused a big mess.

The next day, Nanyang Town seemed calm on the surface, but in reality, it was the calm before the storm. Those who had attended the banquet at Guo’s house that day knew in their hearts that a big drama would soon unfold.

It was because of this that Mr. and Mrs. Guo decided to go to Li Guangcai’s house the next day.

What were they going for? First, to hold Li Guangcai accountable for not sharing the news about hiring a scholar teacher. Second, to discuss with him whether they could take this opportunity to sell Lin Ze a favor and have their son also study under the scholar.

While adding icing on the cake was good, there was no deep friendship like giving charcoal in snowy weather. Mr. Guo was also a businessman and knew the principle of investing early.