chapter 42: Reminding father Lin

Sugar beet, commonly known as sugar beetroot or red beetroot, resembles a carrot in shape but is entirely red except for its leaves.

It has a sweet and refreshing taste and can be used not only for pickling and making soup but also for blending with other fruits to make juice, which tastes great.

However, this was not what Lin Ze was excited about. What excited him was... sugar beet was an important source of sugar, second only to sugarcane. In other words, sugar could be extracted from sugar beet!

In modern times, most people were basically aware that sugar could be extracted from sugarcane, but those with a bit more knowledge knew that sugar beet holds an equal status.

Lin Ze had a passion for food. Although his previous profession before crossing over was a sales project manager, his company mainly dealt with food products. Since he had to promote and negotiate business deals with others, how could he not understand his own products?

Therefore, every time he discussed a project, he first learnt in detail about the company's products, from raw materials to production, and finally the finished product, so that he could easily manipulate, uh, negotiate cooperation in the end.

So, at this moment, seeing the sugar beet, Lin Ze was extremely excited because he knew how to use it to produce sugar!

Although it may not be possible to mass-produce at the moment, his mother-in-law had planted a few acres of sugar beets. The sugar produced from them would be enough for his small business here, saving him a large sum of money compared to buying sugar from outside.

"Mother, I'm sorry, I got a little too excited about this red beet..."

After his excitement, Lin Ze saw the expression of dazzlement on Zhang Liumei's face, so he quickly put down the beet, his husband, but his hand was still holding onto him.

Zhang Xiu was already accustomed to Lin Ze's almost obsessive possessiveness. Holding hands was better than being kissed in front of his mother! If Lin Ze continued to be so out of line, he would be too embarrassed to face anyone.

However, while Zhang Liumei was dazzled, she noticed Lin Ze's gaze towards her son, and she felt reassured once again.

No matter how well she heard about her son from Luo Ger, seeing it with her own eyes was more real. She now truly believed that Lin Ze had changed his mind and was sincerely concerned about her son.

"It's just a wild vegetable, what's so good about it? If you like it, just have my son go dig it up on the hillside. It's getting late, so go home and rest. Everything is fine here, you don't need to worry..."

Zhang Liumei was filled with contentment.

"Alright, mother, you rest. We'll head home now."

Lin Ze nodded. The matter of the sugar beets could wait. It was not convenient to discuss it now, especially with a group of suspicious eyes in the left courtyard of the Zhang family watching them.

Besides, he needed to inform Lin Sangui about the matter he discussed with Fang Shanyuan in town today. Since he was already out, he might as well settle things before going home.

He had no idea how much Zhu Hongchang was selling the exam questions for, but it was definitely not cheap. Where would Lin Jianwen get the money? He would have to rely on Lin Sangui's savings and suck Lin Sangui's blood.

So, he was not in a hurry to resolve Lin Jianwen's matter, but he needed to remind Father Lin quickly.

Zhang Xiu also strongly agreed. Cheating in the imperial examinations was not a trivial matter. If not handled properly, Lin Ze could not only lose his family but also be implicated.