chapter 24

Hengheng-- (rumble)

Just as He Xiangfeng's words fell, everyone heard a strange sound.

Hengheng jiji (sound of an animal), accompanied by the sound of rapidly moving hooves.

"It's wild boars! There are two of them!"

With his abundant hunting experience, He Xiangfeng immediately guessed what it was and how many there were.

Lin Ze quickly reacted as well, "Put down your things and climb up a big tree!"

Currently surrounded by mountains and forests, with rugged paths, it was simply impossible to run away. Even ordinary people could not outrun wild boars that roamed the mountains all year round.

He Xiangfeng might be skilled at hunting, but now there were two wild boars approaching, and their sizes were uncertain. Even if he was capable, he could not handle them alone.

Furthermore, there were Zheng Xiaoluo and Zhang Xiu by his side. Both He Xiangfeng and Lin Ze would not feel at ease confronting the wild boars directly.

Pigs could not climb trees, so taking refuge in the trees was the best choice for now.

Zhang Xiu and Zheng Xiaoluo nodded with pale faces, obediently setting down their belongings and backpacks, and followed He Xiangfeng and Lin Ze to climb two large trees respectively.

Fortunately, they were all children who grew up in the village and knew how to climb trees.

Bang!

The wild boars were also very fast. Just as the four of them climbed up the trees, the wild boars caught up and rammed into the trees with their sharp tusks, creating a tremendous bang sound.

Lin Ze looked down and his face grew serious.

Although they could not tell if the wild boars below were fully grown, judging by their size, they were estimated to weigh around two to three hundred catties (100-150kg; 220-330lb). They were not easy to deal with.

Moreover, the two wild boars seemed to be highly agitated, constantly ramming into the trees. They did not even bother to eat the delicious fruits in the baskets on the ground.

If it was not for the fact that they had chosen two thick trees, a few more impacts from the wild boars would have caused the trees to break.

"These two wild boars seem to be agitated. We can't let them keep ramming into the trees. If this continues, the tree won't hold for much longer."

He Xiangfeng said. He was accustomed to walking in the mountains and knew more about the local wildlife than humans. It seemed like the two wild boars below would not leave on their own.

After a few seconds of solemn silence, he looked at Lin Ze.

"I can deal with one of them..."

The implication was that he wanted to drive away or kill both wild boars, and Lin Ze would have to handle one of them alone.

As for Zheng Xiaoluo and Zhang Xiu, their physical fitness was not on par with that of men. Even if they had the strength, Lin Ze and He Xiangfeng were unwilling to let their loved ones take risks.

If they could not even protect the ones they loved, what kind of leaders would they be?

"I can give it a try, but directly confronting them head-on is too risky. Let's try other methods first..."

Lin Ze's face was also grave.

The previous 'Lin Ze' was a weak scholar, but after the transmigration, his physique had become much stronger. If he really had to fight against the wild boars, he had some chance of winning.