chapter 18: The husband's confession

On the first night after leaving the Lin family, Lin Ze and Zhang Xiu both slept very soundly. They only woke up the next day when the sun was fully out.

Apart from the fact that moving is too tiring, credit should also be given to Linze, this hypocritical person.

Considering how much he had bullied people the other night, Lin Ze did not dare to be too intimate last night. However, it was necessary to cultivate their relationship now that he finally had a wife to hold and kiss.

No matter how much Zhang Xiu struggled and blushed, Lin Ze felt that one of them had to take the initiative and be shameless. Otherwise, following the reserved nature of ancient people, their relationship would develop too slowly. If his wife was there every day but not available for intimacy, it would cause him internal damage (from holding back too much).

Therefore, Lin Ze took on the role of being shameless actively. When pursuing a wife, one must have a thick skin.

It was fortunate for him to have the title of husband, otherwise, pursuing a wife in this manner might have gotten him beaten up.

The whole night, the two husbands played a game of “I want to kiss you” and “I don’t want you to kiss me” until the late hours. Zhang Xiu was exhausted and eventually allowed Lin Ze to tightly embrace him and fall asleep.

In the morning, Zhang Xiu woke up to the aroma of savory porridge.

Opening his eyes, there were no scolding men, no acerbic remarks from a mother-in-law, and no voices urging him to work.

For a moment, Zhang Xiu thought he was still dreaming. Then he blanked out for a while before remembering that he had already left the Lin family, and there was… the scene from last night when someone had disturbed him until late.

“That hooligan…”

Zhang Xiu sat up in bed. Although Lin Ze had only kissed his face last night, he felt somewhat annoyed and embarrassed as he uttered a curse.

There was no need to mention who he was cursing.

Zhang Xiu could not control the blush on his face. Despite being married, Lin Ze had never touched him before. Besides the title, he was no different from other unmarried Xiao Gers.

In this era, things were more reserved, and even a simple kiss, which was ordinary to Lin Ze as a modern person, was an extremely shy matter here.

It would be strange if Zhang Xiu did not blush.

There was also an indescribable frustration. Given his relationship with Lin Ze, he should hate and despise Lin Ze for getting close to him, but instead, he felt embarrassed and blushed. It made him wonder if there was something wrong with him. After all, he was someone who almost got sold!

In the end, the only explanation was that Lin Ze was really good at pretending, so good that it made people forget how despicable this bastard used to be…

Outside, the sky was already bright, and the sun had fully risen.

The bed beside him had already cooled down, and coupled with the aroma of meat porridge in the air, Zhang Xiu knew without a doubt that Lin Ze had already gotten up and prepared breakfast.

His mood was complicated. He could not understand what Lin Ze was up to now. They had moved out, and the land and property had been divided. Lin Ze could have gone to please Zhang Yinzhu. So why was he still pretending?

Could it be that Lin Ze had truly changed his mind? That was impossible unless the sun rose from the west…

While Zhang Xiu sat on the bed lost in his thoughts, Lin Ze had already finished preparing breakfast and returned to the room to continue being attentive. There was lean meat porridge and boiled eggs, nutritious and delicious.