chapter 33: Zheng and He's marriage banquet

“Oh dear, it’s the exclusive ‘Love at First Sight’ limited edition “Only Love Him” card!”

A knowledgeable woman could not restrain her surprise and exclaimed.

“It really is! It’s the true Love at First Sight’s ‘Only Love Him’ card. It’s not easy to get hold of…”

One after another, several women followed suit, all expressing their delight.

Although Zheng’s father’s friends were all from the town and seemed impressive in the eyes of the villagers, they were just ordinary townsfolk. After all, with Zheng’s father’s skills, he could not get to know any big shots; they were all fellow carpenters he met at the carpentry workshop or other artisans working in different trades. In the town, they were still considered lower-class people.

These people originally looked down on the rural wedding banquet, and although they were somewhat satisfied with the dishes prepared by Lin Ze for the He family, they were not too surprised. They probably thought that the host had hired a restaurant chef to save face.

As for the bread on the table, it was easy to explain; they must have queued up to buy it from the ‘Love at First Sight’ bakery. Lin Ze, as the brother/friend, was considerate enough to bring it.

However, the ‘Only Love Him’ card was different; it had gained tremendous popularity in town over the past few days. Even though the seller who issued these cards was technically just a small vendor, Lin Ze’s culinary creations were not only delicious and fresh but also expertly marketed.

With limited quantities and unique snacks combined with a catchy brand name, the fame was so significant that it could not be contained. When the ‘Only Love Him’ card was launched, the ladies were offered free samples of cakes, egg tarts, and other snacks. They were so impressed that they did not mind it being sold at a roadside stall. Each of them foolishly threw money and scrambled to purchase the VIP cards. This was the crucial reason that made the ‘Love at First Sight’ brand gain such popularity.

Because Lin Ze’s first release of the VIP cards was extremely limited, even if they were broken into pieces, it would not be enough to divide among the wealthy ladies in the town’s backyards. This made the ‘Only Love Him’ card appear even more precious, and rumors started spreading, shrouding it in a mysterious veil in the hearts of the townspeople.

It has to be said that Lin Ze’s marketing was indeed very successful this time.

However, this fame was confined to the town, and the village had limited access to information. They only vaguely heard about the new type of bread, so when they heard the exclamations of the ladies, they were a bit puzzled.

Zheng’s father had heard of the ‘Love at First Sight’ bread, but being a man and focusing on his work, he naturally did not know as much as the women did. He was even more unsure about what the ‘Only Love Him’ card was exactly.

However, seeing the surprised expressions of his friends and their wives upon receiving the gifts, he knew that whatever He Xiangfeng gave out must be good. This made him quite satisfied with He Xiangfeng.

“Oh, it’s nothing, just some small gifts. The main thing is the thought behind them, as long as everyone is happy,” replied He Xiangfeng modestly.

Zheng’s father laughed happily.

His friends also had smiles on their faces, congratulating him on the joyous occasion.

“Everything is just small gifts. Old Zheng, you clueless fellow, this silver ‘Only Love Him’ card is worth two taels of silver. Your brother-in-law has done well finding this!”