chapter 23: Like cures like

Zhang Xiu did not know that Zheng Xiaoluo was so proactive. Right after they finished discussing, he had immediately gone to inform his mother.

After finishing the matter with the He family, Zhang Xiu hurried back home before it got dark.

There was no way around it. Lin Ze appeared to be gentle on the outside but was a beast inside. When there were no outsiders around, he behaved like an improper rascal, and Zhang Xiu could not resist when he was teased by him.

Lin Ze did not dare to go too far either, although he had a sharp tongue. At night, he behaved properly, at most just cuddling with the person to sleep.

They prepared everything they needed for entering the mountain that night and had a pleasant dream.

The next day, Lin Ze and Zhang Xiu woke up early.

Although there were no smartphones or alarm clocks in ancient times, the village raised roosters. When it was time, all the roosters in every household would crow together. It was impossible not to wake up unless they had stayed up too late the night before.

He Xiangfeng woke up even earlier. Lin Ze had just finished preparing breakfast in the kitchen, and he was already at the door.

Zheng Xiaoluo also came along. After separating from Zhang Xiu yesterday, he could not let go of his concerns and still found it hard to believe that Lin Ze had quickly let go of Zhang Yinzhu and had a change of heart.

Knowing that Zhang Xiu and Lin Ze were going into the mountains together today, he decided to come along.

As for informing Zhang Liu Mei about Zhang Xiu not leaving, they could discuss it later. Right now, the main concern to solve was other, since his (ZX) mother was not in the village.

Although a Xiao Ger's physical fitness could not compare to the real men here, it was still better than that of the girls. In poor families, the Xiao Ger was considered half a labor force, so there was no problem with him joining them in the mountains.

"It's still early now. Let's have a meal before entering the mountains. I just made some fresh cakes as provisions. Let's sit down and have some together," Lin Ze warmly suggested.

Due to his professional habits, as he used to work in the project client development department, he was accustomed to smoothly interacting with people and believed that it was better to build a good relationship before discussing matters. A friendly approach was always better than hostility.

Zheng Xiaoluo and He Xiangfeng could not resist the warmth. Everyone liked a hospitable person.

Thinking that Lin Ze's cooking skills were good, they decided to be less reserved and have some more food. However, when they saw what Lin Ze brought out, both of them were at a loss for words.

The greasy and shiny fried egg pancakes made with white flour-could that be called ration? They had not eaten something so delicious even during the New Year!

And then, in front of Zhang Xiu, there was a large bowl of steamed minced meat with eggs... Zheng Xiaoluo and He Xiangfeng could not help but regret sending the high-quality white rice earlier. They had indirectly given Zhang Xiu with the idea of him leaving with some extra money.

With Lin Ze's way of eating, would Zhang Xiu still have an excuse to sell grain and secretly run away?

Zheng Xiaoluo and He Xiangfeng felt a pang in their hearts from mooching off this meal.

When they were about to set off, and they saw that apart from the fried egg pancakes, Lin Ze had also prepared a dozen boiled eggs, Zheng Xiaoluo and He Xiangfeng had only one thought in their minds: He could not manage the house's money!