chapter 64: Xianleju and two uncles

Lin Ze’s expectations were correct. It had been more than ten years since anyone of note had visited the village, so the sudden arrival of someone was sure to be quite lively.

As soon as their ox cart arrived at the village entrance, the villagers crowded around, chattering away, and in just a few words, Lin Ze could make out the gist of it all.

It turned out that the “big shot” riding in the sedan chair was none other than the prosperous uncle who had moved to town and put down roots, Lin Dakun!

The original owner had a vivid memory of this uncle, as the previous generation of the Lin family had caused quite a stir when they split up, and the original Lin Ze was just a teenager at the time.

Soon after the split, Lin Dakun moved to town with his wife and children, never to return to the village again, with no contact whatsoever with the Lin family in the village for over a decade.

After all these years, Lin Dakun had never returned, but today he had come to attend Lin Jianwen’s wedding and had even brought many things with him.

However, Lin Dakun’s return did not bring the expected joy. Instead of being warmly welcomed, he entered the house with a smile but left with a grim expression, and the villagers said that he seemed to have had a big argument with Lin Sangui.

“Lin Ze, hurry over to your father’s side and see how he is. It’s been quite chaotic today, and your father has been so upset that he’s lying in bed…”

“That’s right. No one knows what they were arguing about, but it really upset your father. Zheng Dajiao just went to check on him…”

Zheng Dajiao was the barefoot doctor in the village.

The fact that Lin Sangui was so upset that he had to lie in bed and see a doctor immediately after the argument with Lin Dakun showed how serious the situation was. Lin Dakun was quite ruthless, purposely coming to upset people on his son’s wedding day. It was like he was deliberately causing trouble.

Lin Ze was protective of his family. When he heard that his father was upset, he immediately turned the ox cart around and rushed to the Lin family’s house without even waiting to unload their things.

When they arrived, all the guests at the wedding banquet had already left, leaving only the members of the Lin family and Lin Erbo’s family.

At this moment, everyone was gathered in the main hall of the Lin family’s house. Even the bride, Zhang Yinzhu, who should have been sitting in her room, was outside, looking very upset. It was understandable; anyone would feel bad having such an experience on their wedding day.

Lin Sangui had perhaps rested a bit in the afternoon, but now, sitting in a chair, his face clearly showed signs of illness.

When Lin Ze and Zhang Xiu entered, the expressions of the people in the room were all different. Some were resentful and gloomy, some were angry and blaming, some were timid, and some seemed to have something to say but hesitated.

“Dad, I heard from the villagers that Uncle came today and you had a quarrel, even Zheng Dajiao came. How are you? What happened exactly?”

Lin Ze looked around at the people in the room and went straight to Lin Sangui to ask.

“It’s all because of this jinx that you caused!”

Before Lin Sangui could speak, Chen Shuju interrupted angrily.

This angered Lin Sangui even more, and his face became even more grim. He coughed and said, “Cough, you, you shut up. It’s, it’s not our eldest’s fault…”