chapter 3: The memories of the original body

There were too many unfamiliar fragments of memories in his mind. Lin Ze exerted a great deal of effort to integrate these memories into his own consciousness.

His guess was correct. He had truly traveled through time and inexplicably found himself in this ancient world called ‘Da Ji’, a dynasty that never existed in history.

Apart from the existence of a new biological group (sex) called the ‘Xiao Ger’, not much else has changed in the customs and traditions of this place.

As for what Xiao Ger was, Lin Ze was truly shocked. It turned out to be a type of person with a physical structure indistinguishable from ordinary men but capable of bearing offspring!

And the young boy he slept with last night was supposedly the husband he formally married, in other words, his wife…

His original name was also Lin Ze, the eldest son of the Lin family in Heba (“Riverside”) Village, Qingshan (“Green Mountain”) County. He was 22 years old this year.

Interestingly, the Lin family was quite well-known in the surrounding area. It was quite remarkable for a small farming family to have sent two sons for education. In ancient times, studying was an expensive endeavor. How much effort and sacrifice did it take, tightening their belts and living frugally?

In the early years, no one had high expectations, but coincidentally, the Lin family’s ancestral grave was favorable (good fortune), and they unexpectedly produced two successful scholars. It was as if the ancestral spirits were bestowing blessings upon them.

Unfortunately, the good fortune did not last. The eldest son of the Lin family, that is, the original body, suddenly fell ill with a peculiar disease. Every time he took the local examination, he would be carried out horizontally (passed out) from the examination hall within half a day.

Many doctors were consulted, but it was of no use. If this illness couldn’t be cured, then his path to success in the imperial examinations would be cut short.

Furthermore, while studying at a private school, the original owner of the body got drunk and mistakenly entered the room of the Master’s daughter, almost tarnishing her reputation. In anger, the Master expelled him from the school, bringing shame upon him.

After experiencing these setbacks, facing the disdain of the villagers and the disapproval of his family, the original self’s temperament became sensitive and gloomy. However, apart from studying, he had no other skills. So he continued to self-study at home, enduring humiliation and carrying heavy burdens, determined to try again.

Unfortunately, the strange illness that caused him to ‘faint during exams’ could not be cured, no matter how much he struggled. It was simply a waste of money.

Moreover, the Lin family was not originally wealthy, so the focus of support and hope gradually shifted towards the second son.

In addition, the original self’s mother, Chen Shuju, had always favored the second son. After causing a scene, not only did the original self have to endure constant contempt, but even the girl he liked was “switched” by his mother and became his younger brother’s bride, while he married another Xiao Ger from the Zhang family.

This completely drove the original self insane with anger.

However, the matter of “switching” brides was a private affair between the Lin and Zhang families. It was in accordance with the orders of their parents and the words of the matchmaker. It did not violate any laws or regulations. Even if he went to report it to the authorities, it would be futile. The original self was forced to marry Zhang Xiu, the Xiao Ger from the Zhang family.