Camila pulled me into a hug and I tried to push her away, but she held me tighter. I kept trying to push her away, but she was surprisingly stronger than me. Finally, I gave up and relaxed into her arms, wrapping my own arms around her waist.

"Baby, listen to me. No matter what, she's your mom. She brought you into this world and you share a bond that can't be broken easily. You don't hate her, I know that for a fact." she said.

"I do hate her!" I said crying.

She chuckled and shook her head, "No you don't. Have you ever thought maybe she did this for a reason?" she asked.

"The reason is that she's selfish." I said.

"That's not what I meant. Maybe she was trying to protect you. Maybe she wanted you to hate her so her death wouldn't bother you or something." she said. "I don't know, it's just a thought."

I thought about it and decided it made some sense. I let out a small laugh and sniffled, "We see how well that worked out."

Camila smiled at me, "Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. People do things for reasons that are unknown to us or don't make sense to us and sometimes you've just got to put yourself in their shoes to understand what they were trying to do."

"Her attorney, Darcy, called and wants to meet with me." I informed her.

"When?" she asked.

I shrugged, "That's the problem. I hung up before she could tell me." I said with a small laugh.

"Well, call her back, babe." she said chuckling. "It's not that difficult."

I rolled my eyes playfully and called Darcy.

"Hello?" she answered.

"It's Y/n. Where and when can you meet?" I asked.

"I can make time anytime you're ready. I think it should be sooner rather than later but I can understand that you may need some time." she said.

"I'm fine to meet today. Do you have an office or something? " I asked.

"Yeah, but it's in California. I can fly you out, though." she offered.

"Sure, I'm free all day. Just let me pack and I'll be ready." I told her.

"Alright, y/n. Take care, okay? I'll see you soon." she said before hanging up.

Camila looked at me waiting for me to say something.

"Well, I'm meeting with her later today. In California." I added.

"Oh, okay. How long will you be gone?" she asked, putting on a small but fake smile.

"I'm not sure." I replied. "You don't have to pretend to be happy or whatever." I said chuckling.

"Good." she said with a small laugh. I turned to the side and pulled Camila down so she was straddling my legs.

"Before I leave though, wanna go back to my place?" I asked biting my bottom lip.

"At least take me to dinner first, damn." she teased. I laughed and she cupped my face in her hands before planting a kiss on my lips. "I love your laugh. It makes me happy." she said.

"I love you. You make me happy." I replied. She smiled at me and kissed me again before burying her face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you more." she mumbled.

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around her waist, "Nah. I doubt it."

She sat up and looked at me, "Yes huh!" she argued childishly.