Sweet Promises and a Bumpy Road

Onsen.

Kazuma could see it now... A beautiful city, full of bustling life and beautiful-

Hot Springs.

After all of this time, the hardships he had to face because of problem children he'd been forced deal with, he could relax in a-

Mixed Bath.

The image was wonderful.

The women in his party would no doubt skip out on such an opportunity, but he hardly saw them as women to begin with.

But!

There was an addition to his traveling group-

"Wiiiiiizzzz!"

Yes, Wiz. The hopeless shopkeeper who was notorious in town for burying herself in debt the harder she worked. Surely the kind and honest to a fault woman wouldn't mind sharing mixed bath-

"Hm?"

Kazuma was briefly brought out of his fantasies when he realized someone was causing an unnecessary ruckus to his right. It seemed Naruto somehow managed to ungag himself and was shouting at Wiz who very much looked like a burnt corpse right now.

That wouldn't do. How was he supposed to enjoy a mixed bath with a Lich that actually looked like an undead?

"Too much noise! Here, I'll use my Drain Touch to redirect some mana from you to Wiz."

Kazuma shouted and placed his hands on the backs of Naruto's and Wiz's necks. After just a few seconds, the woman's features began to revert back to normal.

"There, now she won't disappear. Probably. So keep it down, will ya?"

With his objective completed, Kazuma sat back down and closed his eyes to retreat back to his real fantasy world.

There, much better. There would be no skeletons in his hot spring. Just a woman with soft, supple skin and-

"Kazuma! You really don't know the horrors of that place! Even the Demon King's army keeps away from Alcanretia! The people... They're all like Cecily and Aqua!"

Naruto screamed while squirming in his seat, the rope tied snug against his form. He could always just break free and save himself, but he couldn't leave his friend to such a fate... He had to convince the guy somehow.

"Annoying! Why are you trying to get in the way of my vacation, huh!? If you don't want to enjoy the hot springs, then you can stay in the carriage or camp outside of the city!"

Kazuma barked as he was once again brought out of his hot spring fantasy.

"What vacation!? We're on a business trip, remember? Business! Keep your eyes on the prize, Kazuma! Don't be fooled by her lies!"

Naruto tried to convince Kazuma that he was making a mistake by letting Aqua have her way, but the guy seemed adamant on the idea of going to the hot springs and wouldn't budge. Not to mention all of the sweet promises Aqua had been whispering into Kazuma's ears. Just what was she telling him that was so convincing?

"Uh oh, it seems my master's gag was undone. Here, allow me to fix that for you."

Aqua said and started making her way over to Naruto, prompting the shinobi to panic.

"W-wait, Kazuma! Whatever she tells you, don't listen to her! The Axis Cult is cursed! It's CUR-MMMFFF!"

Naruto managed to say before Aqua replaced the gag over his mouth, a chirpy smile on her face.