Gotta Sell Em All

"It's finished."

Kazuma said and wiped the sweat from his brow. After hours upon hours of planning, designing, adventuring, and crafting, his latest project was finally complete. The one he had been looking forward to the most.

Re-shaping the shell of a Bamboo-Snapping Turtle, smelting and attaching a metal hinge to the pieces, polishing and painting it...

Learning the Storage Seal skill from Naruto was easy enough, as the shinobi only needed to demonstrate how the seal worked for the skill to appear on Kazuma's adventurer's card. The adventurer's class was quite convenient in that aspect.

Although Naruto seemed disgruntled about it for some reason.

Implementing the seals into Kazuma's design had been the hard part... But he managed it somehow.

A wave of giddiness washed over the boy at that moment, so he jumped onto his feet and held the shiny green object above his head with more pride than he'd ever felt in his life.

"IT'S FINISHED!"

"Bwah!?"

Thud!

Kazuma shouted at the top of his lungs, causing the girl who had been taking a nap on the couch behind him to startle awake and fall to the floor.

"What are you shouting first thing in the morning like that!? Why are you so riled up, huh!?"

Aqua immediately jumped to her feet and complained.

It was noon, but Kazuma didn't feel like retorting for once.

"Heh... See for yourself!"

He said when he spotted Chomusuke, the strange black cat Megumin had recently brought into their home.

The two locked eyes.

. . .

As if sensing the boy's intentions, Chomusuke broke into a run in the opposite direction. But the cat wasn't fast enough as Kazuma had already thrown the object in his hand.

The sphere made contact with the cat's back, causing the feline to yelp in surprise. The markings that covered the ball glowed before it split open from the middle, which revealed even more markings that seemingly came to life as they stretched off of its surface. It was as if the very space around Chomusuke was being sucked into the seal until the cat disappeared into nothingness.

The ball snapped shut before hitting the ground with a clank.

"Got 'em!"

Kazuma cheered and pumped a fist into the air.

It was a complete success! Now he could say goodbye to doing all of that dangerous fighting himself. He was a monster tamer now!

Was there a job class he could change to? He'd have to look into that later...

"...Nerd."

Was all Aqua said before laying back down on the couch.

Kazuma ignored the hater who just didn't understand. But soon, they would all see the glory of this magical item and appreciate it. Not only could he spend the rest of his life free of danger, but it'll also be spent free of poverty too! He'll be safe AND rich!

"What did you do to my familiar!?"

Megumin screamed, having witnessed everything from the kitchen. She ran over to the little capsule that contained the black cat and glared at Kazuma.

"Now now, Megumin. There's no need to be alarmed. Chomusuke is the very first capture this world has ever seen. You should feel honored. Back in my home country, this device was considered a sacred treasure."