Irony for this Goddess of Luck

"I'm sorry, Naruto-san... I couldn't find Cecily-san. She didn't even come home last night either."

"That's okay, Yunyun. We'll find her today. But first I gotta tell Wiz I won't be working today. It'll be a good chance for you to meet her too."

Upon hearing that she'd be meeting one of Naruto's close friends, Yunyun's eyes sparkled in excitement.

At first she thought Wiz was Naruto's pet, but the boy had laughed when she asked what type of animal it was and explained that Wiz was his boss... Sort of.

It was complicated. But apparently, Naruto worked at Wiz's magic item shop for free.

Yunyun remembered hearing that Naruto worked for a magic shop from some of the other adventurers and Dust, but only because the shop owner was very pretty. Well, that was a nicer way of putting it at least.

She wasn't worried about such rumors in the slightest, though. Naruto was a good person, so she figured he was helping this Wiz person out because she was his friend.

But upon entering the shop and seeing the beautiful shop keeper behind the counter, Yunyun pulled Naruto to the side and all but hissed into his ear.

"Naruto-san! That woman is beautiful! Why haven't you asked her to be your girlfriend for the bet!?"

Naruto blinked, surprised by Yunyun's sudden willfulness. Where was all of this coming from?

"I can't ask Wiz out... She's my friend."

Yunyun nearly facepalmed upon hearing his reason. It seemed she would have to take matters into her own hands.

"Good morning Wiz! I brought today's lunch! I'll just set it on the table here."

Naruto greeted and placed the container that contained Wiz's daily rations onto the table in the center of the room.

"Sorry for making you do this every day, Naruto-san... I truly appreciate it."

Wiz said with an apologetic smile as she walked around the counter to greet them.

"It's fine, it's fine! I already told you that I make too much ramen for my experiments anyway. So in a sense, you're helping me out by taking the extras."

Naruto responded with a cheeky grin, and the two laughed together.

Yunyun's cheeks were puffed out as if she were about to explode. This was ridiculous! These two were acting like a couple and Naruto didn't even realize it!

"By the way, Naruto-san. Is this that the cute little mage that joined your party?"

Wiz asked, her eyes falling onto Yunyun and causing the girl jolt.

"A-ah! Y-yes... My name is Yunyun! It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Wiz-san!"

Yunyun said and bowed respectively.

"How respectful... Well, I was a mage before I retired as an adventurer. So if you ever need advice or need magical supplies, I'd be happy to help!"

"Ah, t-thank you! I was beginning to run low on manatite crystals!"

"Oh, I have something better than simple manatite! Come with me!"

Wiz chirped and led Yunyun to the back of the store.

'You're taking advantage of the situation, Wiz...'

Naruto thought while smiling bitterly, but followed them regardless. Yunyun was smart enough not to buy garbage.

-Apparently, he was wrong.

Wiz ended up talking Yunyun into buying a special manatite crystal that could hold up to twice as much mana, but at the cost of draining some of the user's mana.