Just Like Old Times

A/N: From here on out the chapters are going to contain content from the light novels... Read at your own risk of spoilers! :)

After Naruto felt satisfied with the distance he'd put between himself and Alcanretia, he slowed to a stop and propped Jiraiya against a tree.

"Geh... I thought I was going to die!"

Jiraiya gasped to catch his breath and clutched his pounding heart.

"When did you get so fast, kid? Is that the Kyuubi's chakra?"

"Yeah, it does other things too. Also, it's Kurama."

Naruto replied absentmindedly as he looked around the forest for any signs of monsters. When he didn't see or sense any potential threats, he let out a sigh and let the golden chakra dissipate.

"I can't sense any monsters nearby so we're good."

"That makes sense. We're near the city of Alcanretia, which is full of Axis Cult members. Only high leveled monsters like Rookie Killers ever come close to that place."

Jiraiya said with a wave of his hand, causing Naruto to shiver.

Even monsters feared the Axis Cult...

"Does that mode heighten all of your senses?"

Jiraiya asked as he dusted himself off. He was rather curious as to what else Naruto was capable of with the Kyuu-Kurama's chakra than being able to flee from a city at impossible speeds. After all, they had spent a good portion of their training trip working on that power. If Naruto was confident enough in his friendship with the demon fox to bring it with him to this world, then the boy must have mastered using its chakra.

"I can sense negative emotions while using Kurama's chakra, and create chakra limbs to make mini Biju-bombs."

Naruto stated proudly, prompting the old sage's eyes to widen. He also wanted to brag about how he mastered sage mode too, but decided to save that for another time. He wanted to savor that moment.

"Wahaha! Look at you, so full of variety now! I'm sure you even managed to perfect the Rasengan after I left, so I think you might have even surpassed the Fourth Hokage by now!"

Jiraiya laughed heartily and ruffled his student's hair. He remembered back when all Naruto's only strategy was to spam Shadow Clones in hopes to overwhelm his opponents with sheer numbers! As crafty as the brat was with his clones, it could only get him so far in the world of ninjutsu. But with all these new techniques, Naruto was surely a force to be reckoned with. He couldn't be prouder of his prized pupil!

"Hehe... Of course I surpassed my old man, ya know!"

Naruto snickered, and Jiraiya stopped ruffling the blonde's hair.

"...So you know about your father."

Obviously, it wasn't a question. Jiraiya hadn't told Naruto about Minato or Kushina. He had planned to do so after he returned from his last mission, but... Things didn't turn out the way he'd hoped.

"Yeah... After Nagato attacked the village, Kurama almost broke free and dad fixed the seal with the chakra he'd infused in it."

Naruto explained with a sad smile, his hand unconsciously going to his stomach. His grin grew when he heard an indignant grunt in the back of his mind.

"I see..."

Jiraiya said in an almost whispered tone. The mood then turned gloomy as the two fell silent for a couple of minutes.

"...I don't resent you for not telling me."

Naruto suddenly said, and Jiraiya seemed surprised to hear that.