Chapter 52- Kudos

Start from the beginning

The Kim mansion became the temporary stay for me and my brother Jimin. Jimin was so enthusiastic about all the get-togethers.  Seeing his innocent smile that was spread widely on his face melted my heart. He was the most genuine person to see me happy like that.

The smile that was dead inside me was again lit up like the moon in the dark sky.

Jimin was lit with joy, happily chippering with Seokjin who looked as happy as him. It didn't take much time for both of them to get along. After all, Kim Seokjin was a very cheerful and outgoing person.

"I have never seen her smiling like that for these past years," Jimin said as we gathered around the small coffee table.

I grinned sheepishly at them. As I caught Jungkook gazing at me with a smile, I blushed and looked at the ground.

"And I've never seen this house filled with such a pleasant vibe," Seokjin added to Jimin's statement, pouring each of us a glass of champagne.

"Jin Hyung, what's with the champagne? Isn't it like tea time?" Jungkook chuckled seeing his elder one's happiness. 

"But for days like this, we need to celebrate Kook, and for that, nothing is better than a drink. Do we agree here Jimin?" Seokjin turned to the other male who nodded in agreement.

"Cheers for the reunion!" Seokjin held his glass filled with a light yellowish drink up in the air.

"Cheers" We clung our glasses together making a 'clink' sound that was the symbol of kudos.

"I thought this would never happen, I thought only a miracle would be able to heal her" Jimin's voice was getting emotional as he talked. He always had been a soft person.

And the amount he cared for me couldn't be compared to anything else.

"And that miracle was you, Jungkook" he looked at Jungkook who was sitting next to me with a thankful gaze. Jungkook's eyes soften.

"Mr. Park-" he started but my brother cut him off mid-sentence,  interrupting him.

"Hyung" Jungkook glanced at him with surprise. But Jimin only smiled.

"Call me Hyung, Jimin Hyung it is"  he chuckled. I was pleased to see how well Jimin was taking him as family. Jungkook nodded with a smile.

"Yes hyung"

We had so much to talk about, the past few years were not easy for both of us. It was a rollercoaster ride for both of our families. We couldn't even tell how fast the time flew. The sinking of the Titanic, I felt it was like yesterday. 

"Why don't you confess about what truly happened that day?" Jimin asked quietly, acknowledging the fact that White Star Line was the one who should be to blame for all of the damage that happened.

"I mean it's not fair to blame Jungkook and Captain Smith for what happened" Jungkook heaved a sigh.

"Sometimes, it's better to keep some secrets away from the world forever," he looked at me with a small smile. 

"And I've got what I need right here, right beside me. For the world, I may be a dead person but for my dear ones, I'm still alive. I can live with that I guess"  Jungkook flashed a smile. Jimin pouted his face but he nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah, but still those imbeciles deserve to be punished," he said with a frown. But Jungkook cheered him up.

"They will carry the burden no matter what hyung, their hearts can't deny the guilt"

"I guess you are right"

The night was spent with giggles and joy. The loud laughter scattered the area. Jimin who was drunk because of the overjoy started piping with happiness, singing loudly, making the rest of us laugh. I didn't even bother to stop him because he truly deserved a good time after the hectic era he went through because of me. Seokjin who was also as hyped as him, swung his arms over my brother's, joining him with the fun.

Their loud laughter and singing filled the room with a festive aura. 

"Look at them, like a bunch of kindergarteners" I couldn't help but smile seeing Jimim dancing with Seokjin. How happy they were because we were happy...

"They went through a lot didn't they, they deserve to be happy after all the hard times they went through, " Jungkook said, taking my hand to his, shifting his gaze from them to me.

"Come on, I want to show you something"

Leaving the two joyful drunken men to be as they were, I followed Jungkook up to the stairs curiously.

It gave me deja vu.

"Follow me"

"Where are we going?"

"To the stars..."

Why does it all feel like yesterday even though that was almost three years ago? Was it because those were the memories I cherished in my heart forever?

Jungkook walked me to a room in the upstairs. Light moon rays fell through the closed window. He went towards it and opened it, making the breeze flap the curtains beside them.

"Come on here" he gestured to me.

I stepped towards Jungkook whose lips were curved to a mysterious smile. I stood near him, glancing outside the window which set me in awe.

"Jungkook...it's so beautiful "

Thousands of stars were dazzling in the night sky. The far horizon was merged with the ocean which looked like a thick dark blue coat. The silvery moon was reflecting its image in the dark blue sea. The shore that was touched by the milky foams by the waves was like the cherry on top of the cake. Up to the hill where our mansion was situated, this spectacular view looked like a million times alluring landscape. 

I felt Jungkook's hands snaking around my waist from behind, back hugging me. His face nuzzled into the crook of my neck. I felt his rhythm of breathing, his heartbeat that was rising. My heart fluttered as his face touched mine.

I placed my hands on top of his, gazing at him.

"The ocean and sky, they are the perfect combination aren't they?" his whisper brushed my ears, making my stomach feel butterflies

"They truly are..." My lips brushed against his.

The sky and the ocean were never separated no matter how many storms clutter them. They are still together, you'll never see the end of it. That's how inseparable we were.

"Don't you ever leave me again Jungkook, " I said, looking to his promising eyes. He took me to his embrace, meeting my lips with his.

"Never"

Okay that was a sweet chapter, wasn't it? I wanted them to have that cuddly time together. 

Meet y'all in the next chapter.

Probably be the last two chapters.

God, I'm crying now 🤧