Chapter 28- Through Chaos

I paused for a deep breath

Taehyung was glancing at me with confusion. He couldn't understand the haze that was conflicting with me.

But boy was I happy to see him at that moment.

"Taehyung," I whispered in a panting voice. My dry throat was deserted, it was making me unable to talk sufficiently.

His hands gripped my shoulders, turning me to him. His dark brown long eye's gaze was filled with concern. I drew breath heavily with fear and dread. Because of the long run, sweat droplets form on my cold forehead, tackling all the way down, sticking my bangs to it.

"Y/n what happened? Tell me!" his words exclaimed intensely.

"That man-, he's after me- " I stuttered,  looking back at the crowd with a blemish feeling that he was right behind me.

"Who is it? Who is it Y/n tell me!" I shook my head.

"There's no time to explain," I again turned back to make sure that he wasn't there. At that moment his tall scary figure was invisible because of the throng gathered there, which was in favour of both my advantage and disadvantage. 

It wasn't an easy task to find me through all the heads there. And flipping the tables, it was difficult to notice where he was playing hide and seek with me.

Taehyung bit his lower lip in confusion, but ceasing his curiosity he stepped his foot upright to help me.

"Come on," he held me with my hand, carefully peering up at the people around us. Not sparing another minute of delay, he bashed into a door at the end of the big hallway, dragging me with him.

The only thing I could do was to hope that he knew what he was doing.  I had my faith in Kim Taehyung at that point.  I found myself following him, praying my feet not to lurch.

He ran like a dart cutting through the wind with his long hand tightly clasping mine.

We took the stairs up which opened us to a new corridor. I was running like in a maze, holding for my best life. Fear of Beom Hyeon appearing behind any moment struck my heart with agony.
The long passageway led us to a differently dressed group of people.  I acknowledged them as the passengers of the first class by the attire and luxurious fur coats they wore. It was a familiar sight for me by that time.

Taehyung stopped on his track as we reached a certain place where a board flashed shiny letters that read "1st class entrance " shimmered before our eyes.

He was panting heavily as much as I was.

I looked at him with surprise,  I couldn't read the thoughts he had running through his mind.

"Tae-"

"Come on, you'll be safe here," he looked around to check whether any officers were patrolling the area before jumping over the fence which was beyond his limits. He then lent his hand to me.