Chapter 30- Spoiled Royalty

It was around six in the evening when we got the fourth warning about the icebergs ahead

It was around six in the evening when we got the fourth warning about the icebergs ahead. As far as I know, Captain Edwards Smith, the captain in charge did change the Titanic's course, heading slightly to the South. However,  the speed was not reduced even though the alerts mentioned the giants floating on our way. She was sailing full speed ahead with a twenty-two-knot speed.

It was the final hours of the Titanic.

I still remember the ominous dread that ghosted my mind with that feeling that something bad was going to happen. 

I glanced at the graceful-looking wall clock standing near the fireplace. My nails were digging into my knees with trepidation. I couldn't help but think that something was wrong. My mind couldn't rest with ease because of the overwhelming tension in the quiet room. I checked the clock as it ding-donged.

10:00 pm, 14th April 1912...

That tragic night was a memory I wished never lasted but it was too traumatic to ignore. Thinking about it, the events that occurred back that day were too much to process.

I wish that I could forget the night I lost him foreverOh, how much I yearned for that tragedy to be only a nightmare...

My hand slid to reach the chain I was wearing.

I was scared, I was nervous. The agony was overwhelming me, drifting me into a deep misery that I couldn't control.

But when I held onto the locket Jungkook gave me, I felt like I was safe. My slim fingers traced along the crafted silver pendant. I clasped it between my palms, keeping it closer to my heart.

It was such a warm feeling. Even though at that moment he was not there I felt his presence. 

Jungkook had gone to talk about the warnings we kept getting.  He no longer had the authority to demand but he still wanted to secure the safety of the passengers onboard. 

Someone may say that Jeon Jungkook was a captain who was out of the league and he could have stayed away from the business. But the truth was that Jungkook made every effort he could to save the Titanic and the passengers she carried that was over two thousand three hundred. He devoted his soul till the very last for them.

The name Jeon Jungkook must be written in history as one of the greatest heroes of the most tragic shipwreck in history, the  Titanic which was called the Ship of Dreams, aka same called as the unsinkable ship.

Till the last moment, he never gave up. Even though he was pushed down from his position,  he didn't let go of the souls onboard. He didn't diminish the faith people had in him as a captain.

At that moment,  he was continually trying to break into the crew meeting room to convince them to slow down the speed of the ship. But by seeing the time he was taken,  I assumed that they probably didn't let him in nor wanted to hear his opinion.