Chapter 46- On The Hunt ||

Kim Seokjin

Kim Seokjin

I groaned as the man informed us that another person had already taken the pendant under his custody. My sulky appearance made Jimin bite his lips. Jimin leaned to the man, keeping one of his hands on the table, gesturing him to come closer.

"Come here, what's your name?" Jimin landed his eyes on his name tag.

"Jackson," the tall man answered with a smile.

"Right, Jackson, so here's the deal. I require a small favour from you..." Jimin talked smoothly. He brushed his bangs away from his forehead and got closer to the man's ear.

"Do you think we could get his address? You guys certainly keep a record of your customers don't you?" 

But the man shook with disagreement.  His lips curved to a firm thin line. He looked like he wasn't willing to give up any information.

"We are not supposed to give out customer details sir, I'm sorry I couldn't help you" The man, Jackson turned to walk away as he had other customers to take care of. But Jimin wasn't the one to give up.

He quickly clutched the man's shirt by his arm and stopped him.

"Wait, wait, wait...Hold on a bit," he called the man. Jackson patiently turned to him.

"You see, my wife here has quite a passion for old antiques. This will be an exquisite item for her collection. We came all the way here to get it, so if you please tell me the address I can talk with this gentleman" Jimin glanced at Jackson with pleading eyes. 

"She needs it, Jackson, "

The guy, Jackson's eyes followed me. As he saw me, I noticed the change in his eyes. His eyes softened a bit as I gazed at him. He saw how desperate I was.

He agreed, letting out a sigh.

"Look, you can't tell anyone alright? " he mumbled in a low voice, tilting his head down.

"I'm not supposed to do this but I have no heart to send you away empty-handed,"

"Thank you so much!" Jimin exclaimed happily as Jackson scribbled some words on a piece of paper and handed it to my brother after checking the register list of the customers.

I stepped near the kind man, clasped both his hands between mine, and looked at him.

"You don't know how much this means to me, thank you so much "  his soft orbs smiled. With a friendly nod, he urged us to move.

"You can catch him if you hurry, go now"

Once again, we were on the hunt.

"Desperate times take desperate measures," Jimin said as we walked out from the harbour, finding another way of transportation that would get us to the address Jackson gave us.