Chapter 03 - Terrible Mistake

A/N; It's a long flashback from now on

"Y/n, we have to do this, you know that this has to be done right?" the older brother of the Gambino twins, Beom Seok, was the most fierce of them. No one dared to disobey his orders. What he said, must be done. That was the rule.

But how can I agree on this? how can I take a part in a murder?

I am Park Y/n, the youngest and the only girl in the Park family. You must be wondering how I got involved with some hectic chaos that I couldn't drag myself out from. Well, it's a pretty long story. But a long story, in short, all I needed was freedom, independence. My older brother, Park Jimin is the brightest in our family. He was the one who brought us esteem and kudos. He was learning on the campus while I had no intentions of going in there with him as my parents wanted me to...

I just wanted to be me, myself. I had enough of being under my overprotective parents' wings. Even though I was insisting them let me find my way to live my life, they didn't even bother to be all ears on me. They were acting deaf whenever I mentioned my future, all they did was interfere with my work mended it in their way, they did what they wanted, not me. And day by day, the relationship between me and my parents were getting worse. The family image was breaking apart. The bond was getting weaker. Every day it was a father and daughter war inside the house. 

Jimin did hear me out, he did understand me better than others. But at that point, he agreed with them. He tried to convince me that they only meant my well been and a secure future. Of cause I was too stubborn to listen to any of their propositions. 

The most execrable thing was their judgment. They always judged me with my big brother. I never hated Jimin even though he was the reason my father always called me a "failure", "Filled with poor judgment". It is my life, and I didn't want to be a living puppet who was controlled by someone else.

As the days passed, I was getting more and more obdurate and detached. I became a person who didn't care about others. Well that was what they saw, deep inside I was feeling lonely, sad, but I hide my feelings under that mask I wore. It was easy to face the world with that mask covering my inner personality. No one saw the inner nor they didn't try to see through. 

It wasn't the real Park Y/n anymore, It was another person that I've created, a person that pretended to be of the name of Park Y/n. Even I couldn't understand nor recognize that girl. But it worked for everyone.

Surprisingly, my father found a solution that worked for both sides, where I can have my freedom and also a way he can assure that I had a clear path to get a job and a bright future.

He agreed on sending me to the USA for higher education. I was confounded by his decision. He always kept an eagle eye on me and yet he was willing to send me aboard? I agreed with him even though I felt something fishy was going on.

And guess what, I was right after all. I forgot about my uncle who worked in America. And as I already assumed, my father made sure that he gets all the details and gossips about my work in the USA. After I discovered the hide-and-seek game of my father, I got triggered and frustrated. I avoided contacting people who my uncle could gather information about me. I practically avoided having closer friends except for the ones I could trust.