Chapter 35- S.O.S

The atmosphere was calm

The atmosphere was calm. Tranquil as a sleeping toddler. The men and women were lazily zooming here and there without having any idea of the dreadful situation they were in. They had no absolute notion about the severity of what happened after meeting with the massive iceberg.

Of course, it was quiet before the storm.

Jungkook clasped my hand and pulled me towards the common room of the staff as the others were busy orienting the proceeds to get as many of the passengers out of the sinking ship without causing them to panic. The terror hadn't started because the crew was trying their best to handle everything as smoothly as possible.

"Y/n, listen to me carefully," His words and gaze all made me feel more and more anxious. I knew he was going to tell me to get out safely.

"We will be filling the lifeboats with women and children first..." His hand softly caressed my cheek. He then gazed deeply into my eyes.

"You have to get to one of them safely after we start launching them are you clear?" Jungkook's words twisted my heart with pain. I couldn't leave him, I wouldn't leave him at any cost. I paced away from him, shaking my head in denial.

"No, please don't tell me to do this Jungkook, you know I won't," my eyes were filled with tears. The voice was dry and faded. My heart felt like it was tightened by someone. It was heavy, clenching with pain as I recognized his intention.

I knew exactly what he was going to do.

A captain perishes with his ship.

He let out a soft sigh.

"Please love, you have to listen to me-"

"You promised me to keep me safe, you promised me to never leave me." I pulled out the pendant he gave me and held it in my palm, outstretching my hand to him.

That was when I broke down with my emotions. His eyes soften, smearing with an emotional allure.

"I won't leave you Jungkook, we will go through this together..." I brushed my lips against his lips, pulling him closer to me. He closed his eyes giving in to a deeper kiss.

"We will survive this together. " I mumbled to him turning my teary eyes towards him.

"Please don't tell me to leave, don't leave me Jungkook I beg you," my voice was cracking because of the sob that was trying to break out of me. My head lay on his chest, tightening my arms around his waist.

He hugged me back tightly, resting his head on mine, making me nuzzle into the crook of his neck. Knowing the fact that his words of trying to make me change my mind was a futile attempt, he finally had to give in.

"We'll survive together," he repeated my words softly, assuring me that he would stop compelling me to leave his side, which made me set at ease.

We had limited time. The clock was ticking. Underneath us, the compartments were quickly flooding the divided rooms plaguing them one by one.