Chapter 27- Worst Fears

Tick tock tick tock

Tick tock tick tock.

The clock was ticking. Seconds to minutes, minutes to hours it was ticking.

Second by second the dark storm that was yet to come was shading our lives, clouding over our lives while we did not have a clue about it. As the past thrones were plaguing me, I encountered the most feared nightmare that I was hoping not to come true.

Have you ever felt the feeling of the beast who was haunting down its prey not letting the target catch a wind that he's lurking right behind you? And you are the pathetic prey itself? 

It happened.

The most feared nightmare came true.

He was there, right behind my back. When I least expected his encounter, when I was least prepared for the wild beast's attack, he came to me, coming right to my throat, choking me willingly to tear me apart.

Beom Hyeon...he was there, staring at me with his cruel bloody eyes. His demonic presence was on this ship.

After Captain Smith left me dumbfounded, I reached out to Jungkook, who was still standing like a mere statue in the room.

"Jungkook," I rested my hand on his shoulder, caressing him to comfort. His hand softly grabbed mine and kissed it, turning to me with a smile.

But it wasn't his usual cheerful smile, his eyes didn't wrinkle as he smiled.

He was frustrated. He was hurt. I saw the deep agony inside him, that was throbbing his heart.

"Jungkook, I don't understand why they are like this. The only thing you did was speak the truth and how dare they treat you like this?"

"It's alright love," his words were quiet, and calm, unlike me who was blurting out the anger that was fuming inside me.

"No Jungkook, it's not alright, they can't withhold your duties like that," I looked into him.

He heaved a deep sigh.

"He did it to protect me Y/n," my brows knitted as he said.

Was I missing something here?

"Captain Smith met me a while ago, he said the same thing..." I turned at him with a worried gaze.

"What's all the meaning of this Jungkook?" It was a minute of silence before he started talking.

"We give an oath when we become a captain, when we are ready to voyage and sail our ship" his lips switched to a painful smile.

"What is that?"

"The captain goes down with the ship" his words made me raise goosebumps. Jungkook turned to me worried.

"So you mean that if the sink happens to meet with tragedy, then the captain must..." My sentence faded to silence as I started realising what they meant.