Chapter 33- Boom Of Doom

Third person POV;

Third person POV;

Lookouts Frederick Fleet and Reginald Lee began their watch in the Titanic's crow's nest. The night was unusually calm, making icebergs more difficult to see because no waves were breaking at the icebergs.

"Bloody hell, it's freezing" Reginald rubbed his palms and huffed cold air to produce body heat.

He was right, indeed the night was making their bodies shudder. Even the thick coats they were wearing couldn't help the chilliness.

"Didn't they find the key to the binoculars yet?" he again asked the other guy who was lighting up a cigarette, tagging at the closed locker. The binoculars were stacked there, unable to be used because it was locked.

"Mm-hmm, Nope, not yet mate. No one abroad had the key with them. They say that David had the keys," Fleet answered, puffing a cloud of smoke into the air. His cheeks were becoming rosy shade because of the cold.

"David? You mean Blair?" Reginald raised his eyebrows with surprise. The other man nodded in response. 

"Isn't he off the board though?"

"Yeah, he is. He reassigned before we started sailing" Fleet held the cigarette between his middle finger and the index finger, gazing at the far horizon.

"Blimey..." Reginald also joined his mate and set his gaze on the front view.

There was silence between them for a while.

"I can't wait till she docks," Fleet said, diving into deep thoughts. His crewmate playfully nudged him by his elbow.

"What's that for eh? Waiting to meet someone special?" Reginald cocked his eyebrows at him with a mischievous grin. The other guy chuckled.

"It's been almost a year since I last saw my beautiful wife's face." suddenly Fleet's face smeared with emotional expressions. His jaws clenched together as his lips formed into a thin line with a small yet bitter smile.

"She was pregnant when I left her. My son must have been born by now," he said, looking above them at the glistening stars at the far. Reginald stood quietly and listened to his fellow.

"I always wanted a son. A strong boy who will one day sail on mighty ships just like me. I wanted to name our son Jack." he chuckled thinking about his adorable baby boy who he hadn't even seen yet.

He couldn't wait to hold his baby boy in his hands and sing for him. Fleet was overwhelmed with so many thoughts about his family. His wife Cora must be waiting for him until he appears on the front of their doorstep, giving her a tight hug.

"I'm sure that our young Jack will grow up just like his father." Reginald placed his palm on the other masculine's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. Fleet smiled, eyes gazing at the ocean filled with expectancies.