Chapter 52- Kudos

Back to the present

Back to the present

He was there, right beside me. It wasn't a dream that was an illusion anymore. My mind was foggy and tangled with the sudden comeback of Jungkook. After all these years he was there, standing next to me.

His beautiful smile which was brighter than the sun was beaming at me, gazing at me with twinkling eyes. His big doe eyes were filled with crystal tears as he cupped my face with his palm.

"This still feels like a dream Jungkook" I caressed his cheek with my slim fingers, shedding happy tears.

I don't know why I'm crying, I'm supposed to jump in joy. But the flood of emotions that was a mixture of bliss, tranquillity, and consolation overwhelmed me. Hearing about how much pain he had gone through made my heart pierce like daggers sent through it.

His strong body figure had gone thin. His face looked paler than normal, showing how much he had suffered the past three years. Despite being sick, the liveliness inside his eyes never faded. His ocean-like deep eyes dazzled like they always did.

"Oh, Jungkook..." I touched his face, not knowing whether to cry or smile. I was smiling through the cries.

"You had to go through so much" A tear rolled down my cheek. My thumb caressed his cheek.

"It's all because of me"

Jungkook took my hand to his and kissed my fingers, shaking his head with a denial.

"I lived because of you Y/n," he wiped away my tears, smiling at me with his beautiful gaze.

"Every minute that I spent in the cold water that day, I kept thinking about you Y/n. I stayed strong, held on tight thinking that I have to live for you..."

"Jungkook"

"I didn't let go because of you...You kept me living" Jungkook softly kissed my forehead. His warm lips reassured me that none of this was a dream, it was all real.

He brought me to life once again. Not only once, but twice he brought me back to life. He filled me with the utmost euphoria that I was missing in my life. It felt like the brilliant vibrancy of the sun had set again after the dark cold winter.

He lived for me, I lived for him. 

The greatest love that we shared had no boundaries. The strength of that bond was the expectancy that kept us living. We both lived for each other,  having faith that neither of us won't let go of the other.

Just like the night we promised, we never let go...

In the end, we found each other again, yearning for the lost part of our lives. The separation of three years didn't change the devotion we had to each other even a bit, it only made it stronger. 

Our love was lasting eternally.

The journey to the pendant finished off differently than anticipated. It ended better, way better. Finally, the universe was smiling at us.