Chapter 11- Taehyung's Favour

I was snoozed into slumber right after my head hit the pillow

I was snoozed into slumber right after my head hit the pillow. It was the first night I spent in the cabin I booked, cabin G-60. Since it was a tiny single-bed cabin, it didn't have much space but I was perfectly fine with that. With a limited amount of luggage carried around, the room was barely filled with my belongings. My bag contained only a few casual dresses and essential things I would need.

Whilst I was invited to a grand party and I had no idea what I should wear. Not like I had many options so I just thought of wearing the black long skirt and the white top which was worked with lace that didn't look much but it would do the trick as I assumed. 

The next morning when I was wandering around the food service area after breakfast, I met Taehyung, that writer I met a day ago. He waved at me as he saw me from afar. I waved him back as he came to join me.

"How's your novel going on Taehyung?" He sheepishly grinned, scratching his neck.

"Well we can say that I am one step further than I was, it's still in progress," he breathed deeply and filled his lungs with air, ardently stating his new achievement.

"I am still working on building their bond, you know, like, how their souls are intertwined after their first encounter..." Even though I didn't have the exact idea of what he was blabbering,  I chuckled and kept listening to him. I didn't have the heart to disturb his gleeful aura. We both took seats on the long-armed chairs by the railing.

"I see that you have become the talk of the town Y/n," Taehyung playfully said in a bit of a teasing tone.

"What do you mean?" I shot a glance at him.

"I've heard that you saved that girl Lilian Harper the night before," he leaned forward and rested his head on his palms like he wanted more information about the heroic rescue mission I did.

"How did you know about that?" I asked him suspiciously. He let out a snort of laughter.

"Oh come on girl, almost half of the Titanic knows the incident in which a brave girl risked and almost jumped into the cold Atlantic to save a stranger" Taehyung dramatically said, accordingly waving his gestures in a rhythm to contribute to his narration. I couldn't help but slap his arm.

"Stop exaggerating the real thing Kim Taehyung!"  I was baffled by the fact that most people knew that episode already. But when you put your thoughts on that it's not astonishing at all, it was a traumatic incident that worthed a gossip headline wasn't it?

The man laughed and tried to fix his stubborn hair with his long fingers. "But most of the people indeed know it already," he said, motioning his head towards a group of women who were staring at us and whispering in low voices. It was obvious that they were talking about me since as soon as I looked at them, they immediately looked away and changed their direction.

I let out a sigh.

"And I got the news that they offered you something grand and fancy" he lowered his voice and leaned towards me, "Is that true?" I blinked with confusion.