Chapter 23- To the Stars

It was a beautiful evening, the date remarked as 13th of April in 1912

I bet that year and date make you shudder in fear. Yes, it was only one day before the tragedy of Titanic occurred. And people onboard had no clue of what they were going to face within two days.

Maybe some of them have.

You may ask me why...well, I bet only very few, including myself, knew what truly happened during the two days. Was it a pure accident? Or was it plotted from the beginning when she started to sail?

The answer to that question remains at the bottom of the ocean, nearly 3800 meters under the cold Atlantic.

Most of the people's lives were about to take a wild turn, it was do or die for them.

My heart clenched with pain when I recall the memories of that night.

They knew it, they fucking knew but they didn't do anything about it...why so careless? Why did innocent people have to pay for their lives to make some selfish bastard's dreams come true? Just why?

I huffed and puffed a cold air cloud into the atmosphere. It was a few degrees lower than days ago. I sure missed the tropical warmth of the islands. Even though the sunlight was still dominating, it couldn't trespass the chilly weather. My body was trembling because of the teeth-shattering coldness of the air. My eyes were googling through the cabin window at the horizon. The sea was quite as dead.

Only if I knew that it was the quiet before the storm...

"It's freaking cold outside," I closed the cabin door and rubbed my palms together to produce some body heat. Even though I was dressed in a thick overcoat upon my usual attire, it was still able to make my skin hair salute.

"Shall I make my girl warm then?" Jungkook turned to me with a mischievous smile that made me blush my cheeks.

He was checking the huge map that was hanging on the wooden wall. Several places were marked in dark blue dots, some were marked in black and some were in red.

I stepped near him, being curious about what he was doing.

Jungkook's hand snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to him. His palm lifted my chin towards him, gently.

"What should I do to make you warm, hmm?" His honey-like words melted my heart abruptly. I stared into his softly gazing pair of black doe eyes.

Those eyes lit up a spark inside me, inside them deep cluster of waves dangling inside them, making my heart skip a beat every time I looked into them.

"How many times have I mentioned that your eyes remind me of the ocean ?" I breathed to him, making him chuckle.

"You still didn't answer my question Y/n" I laughed softly as he said.