Chapter 07 - Bumpy Ride

The balmy evening was filled with the lullaby of the sea that could put a toddler into a deep sleep

So peaceful.

My palms gripped the metal bar of the edge. I was continuously thinking, deeply merging into thoughts about past events. The salty granules that are carried by the ocean breeze stuck to my face, leaving a salty taste on my parched lips.

Now I'm safe

At least for now

I tried to convince my sour heart by assuring it. The southeast wind blew cutting through my body. My head leaned forward to see the glimmering water of the cold Atlantic. The bluish reflection of the water shadowed the lower edge of the Titanic, making it clear enough to see an image of an everlasting beauty if she looks into the reflection.

Everything was so tranquil, for a minute I could forget all the tragedy that occurred, even today I can feel the fresh seawater through my nose buds, that memory is so strong.

Well, there was another reason that made that very moment everlasting inside my heart forever.

It was the first time I saw him.

The man I never thought I would meet in my life...

While I was hanging into the bars, I noticed a figure standing on the top floor, from where I stood, I got a chance to get a clear glimpse of the man who was staring at the ocean.

He,

I didn't know who he was at first, but I still remember how he was gazing at the ocean waves like he was a part of them. My eyes unintentionally drew towards him, curiosity.
What made me look at him was none other than the expressions he held.

Unlike me he was happy.

Unlike me, he was enjoying the hymn of the sea.

How different we are...that's what I felt when I first saw him.

That man wore a neat blue dress, tightly hugging his perfect well-built figure. His hand bared a unique cap, which wasn't hard for me to identify as a cap worn by a captain.

So that's what he was,

He was the captain of the Titanic.

I couldn't study him more as he steps in the opposite direction, making me unable to catch sight of him anymore. But even after disappeared his image was still stirring my mind, maybe my heart too. I couldn't understand why a random stranger's appearance made an impact on me.

That question is to be answered in the near future perhaps.

My mind could no longer keep interrogating myself because an act of idiocy decided to directly slam into me. I lost my balance and suddenly collided and found my buttocks kissing the floor. I groan with pain, caressing my spine. In to my opposite, I espied another figure hugging the floor just like me, except he was semi-covered by a pile of white parchments.