Preparations.

Charlie tightened her hold on the shaft of the trident, taking it through several quick passes and forms.

She whirled around and extended her arm to it's full reach, extending the length of the trident.

She swiftly retreated back to a more neutral pose, holding it by her side.

She turned towards Niffty and smiled widely.

Niffty smiled in return, giddily clapping her palms in excitement.

Charlie sauntered towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you." She whispered in appreciation.

She lifted her up and sat with her on the bed, depositing to the side.

Niffty gazed at Charlie intently, taking in the purple magic that slowly rippled off of Charlie's head oblivious to everyone but herself.

It took some digging to bring traces of it out.

Carefully constructed questions about her mother :- when she left, how they had lived and where she was now.

All led to Charlie thinking about it intently, bringing out tiny sprouts and traces of it out of her head.

What she had initially thought a memory eraser was actually a supressant.

Lilith surely couldn't have mismatched her spells could she ?

Maybe Lilith couldn't bare to wipe it all, mismatched her spells or was not in the properly frame of mind to carry it out properly.

Nevertheless, it served her purpose admirably.

Niffty smiled evily as she imagined the spectacle.

And just when she had finished completing her form and training.

Oh what a grand spectacle it would be.

It still wasn't ready to pry open yet, but she was gradually getting there as Charlie thought more and more of it everyday

'Watch as i sic your daughter on you bitch .'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His smile accentuated with a demonic green glow, his eyes startling open as he collected the last soul required of him.

He staggered away from the empty corpse of the overlord before him.

Laughing madly as green energy congealed off of him.

He gazed at the sky, that glowed a deep luminescent green, slowly fading back to it's default red.

Alastor sighed in contentment and satisfaction as he gazed at the corpse before him.

Truly he never thought he would make it this far, overlords were getting stronger and more prepared for his onslaught after news got out of the resumption of his killing streak.

Now that was the end of it, everything was in place for the endgame.

His lips pulled back in a genuine smile as he sauntered back to the hotel.

All that was left now was the summoning, something that will take time.

Hence, the need for it's careful  preparations.

The only thing that dampened his mood significantly, was the realization that he hadn't fully planned for after.

He hadn't planned for Rosie, himself, Charlie and the hotel inhabitants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel and husk sat at the bar, exchanging small talk over drink.

"I can't believe the extermination is a few days away." Angel said.

"Me too." Husk replied as his chugged down his beer.

"I kinda thought Charlie would stop it by appealing to heaven or something."

"Me too." Husk answered again.

"I thought she was going to visit vaggie, after all Lucifer could certainly arrange that."

Angel nodded as he sipped his as well.

"It seems like she forgot everything in her list after she began endlessly training with Niffty."

Husk nodded as he played with an array of cards.

"Maybe she's trying to get her mind off of things." Husk replied.

"Yeah ..." Angel agreed.

"Do you think she'll spearhead our defense during the extermination ?" Angel asked.

Husk smirked at his question.

"She will, this is Charlie we're talking about ..."

"I don't think she'll leave every man for himself."

"She has a duty to all of us."

"As the princess of hell, and the main authority against the yearly exterminations."

"Plus, I don't think she's that kind of person." Husk finished.

Husk's expression fell as he thought intently.

"What ?" Angel asked, cueing in to his discomfort.

Husk stood up from his stool and paced around the limited space behind it.

"It's Alastor I'm worried about." He confessed.

Angel nodded, understanding his train of thought.

"He's been picking off multiple weaker overlords frequently."

"Gathering souls and contracts."

"In preparation for the extermination."

"Now ... In any usual person I'd think that's because he wants to give the angels a proper fight and ensure our survival."

"But in Alastor ... " Angel continued.

Husk smiled evily as he scrapped the wall with his claws.

"He isn't that good a man."

"Plus, he could defeat any angel he wants with relatively low difficulty." Husk continued.

"So why the need for gathering souls in the first place." Angel added.

"And just before the extermination." Husk finished.

Husk slowly turned towards Angel with an impassive expression.

"I don't like it." He confessed.

"So I suggest we get ready ..."

"It might be every man for himself."

Angel smiled as he gazed at him dreamily.

"It's every man against us baby." He corrected.

Husk smiled and nodded in affirmation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally finished ;)

Give me some reviews ;).