Wing ritual

The creature recoiled, screeching in pain as the attack landed.

It glared at it's quarry with red luminescent glowing eyes.

It grasped her with it's spindly appendage, lifting her towards it's face.

Charlie struggled to break free from it's restraint as the creature opened it's wide demonic glowing maw.

"Vaggie." a voice called out.

Vaggie opened her eye, panting lightly as beads of sweat dripped off of her body.

Her eye fluttered as she gazed into lute's concerned one's.

"It's the nightmare again, isn't it ?" Lute asked.

Tears leaked out of vaggie's eye as she slowly nodded in affirmation.

Lute smiled sadly as she slowly leaned in and hugged her, heaving her onto her body and holding her close.

Vaggie gazed at Niffty's sleeping frame on the adjacent sofa as Lute cooed softly.

Her eye widened significantly as she realized something similar with all the demonic nightmares she had previously encountered.

"How did you get your wings back ?" She asked Lute.

Lute was quiet, thinking intently.

"I guess .... It sort of just came out after I saw you get hurt." Lute replied.

Vaggie was quiet, digesting the information.

"What were you feeling ?" She asked again.

Lute was quiet again, gazing into the walls intently.

"How I'll never see you again."

"How you were gone forever."

"How I'll never get a chance to ...."

"Tell you I like you."

Vaggie scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Seriously, After everything we've been through ... you still can't just tell me you "love" me."

Lute stiffened holding her tighter.

"I ... love you." She whispered, the action taking more out of her than she would have liked.

Vaggie leaned in to her ear with a smirk, opening her mouth wide.

"Say that during the climax and you'll make me squirt." She helpfully provided.

Lute blushed a deep red as vaggie shoved her away, reverting to her serious self once more.

She slowly paced around the apartment gazing around warily.

Lute hastily sat up, gazing at her intently.

"So, what's the wing part about ?" She asked.

"I feel a slight tingle in my back, whenever something is about to happen to charlie." Vaggie replied.

Lute peered at her intently.

"You think, it has something to do with your wings ?" She asked.

Vaggie nodded, turning to face her with a sad smile.

"I think it does but there's not enough negative emotions to incite that transformation." Vaggie continued.

"Not enough ... negative emotions ?" Lute asked, gazing at vaggie warily.

"That's where you come in." Vaggie replied.

Lute was speechless as she stood up gazing anywhere but her.