LXXII. The War: The Outsider

AMYCUS ALTAIR CARROW

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Ever since Amycus was a kid, he followed his older sister around like a lost puppy. Whatever she did, he did.

Now at seventeen, he regretted that habit with all his guts.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

November 2, 1978

He waited for all his fellow death eaters to file out of the room before he smuggled some food off the table and stuffed it in his pockets.

He carefully and quietly crept out of the meeting room and down the hallway of Malfoy Manor. When he reached the basement, he quietly turned the door knob and crept down the steps.

The smell hit him immediately. He didn't even want to think of all the things he was smelling but when you kept people locked up like prisoners for a year, that's what happens.

Out of all the people that were taken during the attack, there were only five alive. Those five people included three random students Amycus didn't know the names of, Delina Wood, and Ezra Bozzeli. The three students and Delina were constantly going in and out of consciousness and were sick. Ezra, on the other hand, was in way better condition.

Ezra was Voldemort's back up. He had Ezra at the ready if he needed to use him as bait for Regulus. That didn't mean they didn't hurt Ezra though. Amycus wasn't exactly aware of everything that happened in this basement, but he had heard Ezra's screams and he hated it.

"That better be you, Carrow. I haven't eaten in two days," Ezra told him in the darkness.

Amycus used "Lumos" to light up his wand. "You're lucky it was me or you would have just blown our cover. We would both be dead."

He sat down on the other side of the cell bars that Ezra was sitting against. He set his wand on the ground and brought a tentative hand up to cup the side of Ezra's cheek, frowning as he did so. Ezra had fresh cuts on his face and his face was covered in dry blood.

"Who did this?" Amycus asked him seriously.

"Your darling sister," Ezra mused giving him a wry smile. "She does not like muggleborns talking back to her."

"You talked back again? I told you to stop doing that. They are only going to hurt you more."

"Look at you, concerned for a muggleborn. Do mummy and daddy know about this?" Ezra asked cockily.

Amycus rolled his eyes. "Don't be a prick," he told the ginger boy. "You have to be more careful."

"Sure, whatever. But anyway, back to the previous topic, death sounds better than this. I wouldn't mind the cover getting blown," Ezra declared. "At least I would have Hez. I don't have anyone here."

"You have me."

"You don't count."

That didn't make sense to him. "Why don't I count?"

"I don't know... you just don't."

He shook his head and let out a laugh of disbelief. "You don't make sense, Bozzeli."