XIII. Second Year: Mommy, Daddy, and Sibling Issues

June 28, 1974 (Friday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Regulus was cornered.

As soon as he had hauled his trunks down the common room steps, Sirius had him cornered. Regulus was the first to speak, "You should go the Potters this summer."

Sirius blinked in surprise, "What?! No, I'm not leaving you in that house alone all summer."

Regulus let out a scoff, "So now you care about me?! Four months ago your clearly didn't give a shit about me!"

"Of course I care about you, Regulus. You are my little brother! I already told you I'm sorry about what I said."

"And I still don't forgive you because you aren't sorry Sirius. You are just saying sorry to make yourself feel better. You don't actually mean it."

Sirius went silent for a moment. "You do the same thing to me too, Reg. You like me the next moment and then you hate my guts the next."

"I never said I didn't, I was just pointing out that you had no right to say any of that."

"I know I didn't and I am sorry, Reggie. I'm not going to the Potters this summer. I'm going back to Grimmuald Place with you, okay?"

Regulus bit his lip trying to come up with an argument, but he couldn't. "Okay."

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

"Have I ever told you guys how much I hate my brother?" Regulus asked as he entered their usual compartment on the train.

"Every day, Reg. Every day," Kian answered.

"And we happen to share that hatred," Hezekiah chimed in.

"Hey! Sirius is cool sometimes!" Aidan corrected. They all shot him a glare. "I was joking! Relax. You can all stop planning my death now."

Regulus settled down next to Hez. "I tried to get him to stay at the Potters so I wouldn't have to deal with him, but he wouldn't budge."

"Well, I'm happy to go back to the muggle world. I need a break from you wizards for a couple months," Aidan stated.

"You act like we are the worst people ever," Hez said in a offended tone.

"Because you are sometimes. You all have siblings, mommy, and daddy issues I swear. It's actually depressing," Aidan pointed out.

"I mean my parents just don't give two shits about me," Kian said. "I practically raised my little sister."

"My dad didn't remember my birthday and he treats me like shit," Hez added.

"Yeah you guys know all sorts of fun stories about my parents," Regulus added. "And my brother is an arse."

Aidan gestured to all of them, "My point being."

***

Words: 426