LXI. The War: Order Of The Phoenix Shenanigans

July 2, 1978 (Sunday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Regulus had thought that joining the Order of the Phoenix would just mean war stuff 24/7, but oh how wrong he was about that.

They were all currently on their way to go see some muggle movie called Grease. James hadn't shut up about it all week and Regulus truthfully found his excitement very adorable.

"Here we are! Behold a muggle movie theater, purebloods," Mary stated as she moved her arms around dramatically in front of the building.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Sirius yelled excitedly, dragging Remus behind him.

With that, they all entered and got their tickets. Their friends then sent him, James, and Kingsley to get the food.

"Look, there is Reese's, Reggie," James told him as he held the chocolate bar.

He felt his chest tighten at the memory of the day at the amusement park. "Get some," he told his boyfriend.

The movie had went well. He had actually liked it more than he thought he would. James had sneakily held his hand in the dark room multiple times.

"What do you guys think about going to the pub?" Sirius asked excitedly. They all quickly voiced their approval.

"We have a meeting tomorrow and I really don't want Moody to kill me for you all having hangovers so please just take it easy," Kingsley stated.

They did not take it easy.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

"But now there's no way to hide since you pushed my love aside. I'm outta my head, hopelessly devoted to you," James belted out, very drunk.

Regulus was sitting on a barstool, James kneeling in front of him with their fingers tangled together. He reached up and ran a hand through James's hair. "Oh godric, you are so drunk."

Regulus was tipsy himself, but nowhere near how much James was. Him, Sirius, Alice, and Marlene were absolutely wasted. Kingsley looked like he was fearing for his life.

James stood up and he grabbed him by the waist. "Come dance with me, please. You're being boring."

"I'm too tired."

James practically pouted like he was five years old. Drunk James was certainly entertaining. The last hour had been quite the experience. "But I said please. And, I also love you."

Regulus stood up reluctantly and James beamed before pulling him where their friends were dancing. James's hands traveled all over his body as they danced and Regulus pulled him into a messy kiss.

Someone pulled them apart. "Watch your hands, Potter," Sirius scolded, his words coming out slurred.

"Me?! Reg just had his hand on my arse!" James defended in his drunken state.

Regulus just shrugged. "You weren't complaining."

Sirius smacked them both in the back of the head. "Told you he wasn't innocent," James muttered pettily.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

KIAN ANSEL CRESSWELL

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Kian was sitting on one of the barstools looking at his friends. James and Regulus were kissing and everyone else was dancing around them.

Lily approached him and sat down on the stool next to him. "On a scale of one to ten, how drunk are you?" She asked him.

"I've only had one drink," he answered.

"Same. We are going to be babysitting the hell out of these hooligans." He gave her a small nod and she changed the subject. "Remember that party in your fourth year? James had just told me why he kissed me. I went to the steps to cry and I found you there already crying."

"Of course I remember, Lils," Kian answered giving her a small smile. "You said that we both knew who had hurt you, but you asked who hurt me."

"You said I wouldn't believe you if you told me," Lily finished for him.

"I asked you to dance and you said yes."

"That little moment made up for the whole James situation," Lily stated, smiling at the memory. Her face then shifted into something more serious. "Can I ask you something?"

He nodded. "Of course. Anything, Lils."

"It was Aidan wasn't it? You were crying over him. I'm guessing you saw him with Tanya," Lily asked him.

He didn't want to lie to Lily so he didn't. He nodded slowly. "How'd you know?"

She shrugged. "I've suspected it for awhile now, but the day at the grave kind of confirmed it. Do you still love him?"

"I don't know... it's complicated," he answered truthfully. "But I'm ready to move on. I want to move on. It's what he wanted anyway."

She nudged him playfully on the arm. "With who? Wylan?"

He let out a helpless scoff. "You are a fool if you think Wylan isn't obsessed with you."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Careful, Cresswell. You almost sound jealous of him."

Because I am. He didn't say anything and he saw the realization appear on her face. He felt his heartbeat speed up in anticipation. He prayed that Lily wouldn't hate him now.

"Wait, you- you want to move on with me?"

He nodded, his nerves skyrocketing. "Sorry if this is weird or-."

Lily shut him up by pressing their lips together into a sweet kiss. Butterflies erupted in his stomach. She was the first to pull away. "I want to be your girlfriend, Ki. And trust me, I know what comes with that. I know some part of you will always love Aidan, but I'm okay with it."

"It might change some day," he pointed out, but he didn't believe it would.

She brought a hand up to cup his cheek. "Maybe, but it's okay if it doesn't, okay?"

He leaned forward and connected their lips into a proper kiss. He ran his hands through her red hair as she kissed him back eagerly.

He still felt like some part of him was missing, but it was less noticeable now. It felt like something in him had clicked back in place. It was his happiness. He was happy.

***

Words: 991