IX. Second Year: The Fight That Sparked Friendship

November 13, 1973 (Tuesday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

"So you really have no clue who jinxed your broom," Sirius asked for the millionth time in the last week.

He let out a tired sigh, "Sirius, I already told you. I don't know. Potter said he was watching Flint and he didn't cast it."

"I know, but there isn't someone else who has a problem with you that could have casted it?"

Regulus gave him an incredulous look, "Sirius, a lot of people have a problem with me. It could have been anyone. Plus, I don't really care. Sure it was embarrassing, but we still won either way."

"Yes, but as your older brother it is my job to beat up whoever the hell embarrasses you like that," Sirius explained.

Regulus rolled his eyes, "Well, I don't want you to. Now can you please leave me alone, I have a charms essay to write."

Sirius reluctantly got off the Gryffindor common room couch, "Fine, but I'm going to find out who it was."

Regulus let out another tired sigh, "Whatever, go do that. Just leave me alone, okay?"

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

A couple hours later, Regulus wandered the halls alone. He was slightly more upset about the Quidditch accident then he was letting on and he really just wanted some time alone. He didn't even have an essay to write.

He was sick of Hezekiah, Frank, Aidan, Sirius, and James constantly interrogating him over it wherever he went so he told his three roommates he was going for a walk and he told Sirius and James he had an essay to write.

It was getting dark now which meant it was nearing curfew so the halls were completely empty. Regulus had spent some time in the library, but he was now on his way back to the common room. He thought over and over on who could have jinxed his broom, but a lot of names came to mind. He had pissed off quite a few people the last year and a half.

He was interrupted out of his thoughts by someone shoving him up against a wall. He soon came face to face with Snape, Mulciber, and Avery. Yay, his three favorite people.

"Well look what we have here," Mulciber taunted pushing him further against the wall. "One of the Gryffindor Black brothers." Regulus drew his wand, but Avery saw him and disarmed him. His wand went flying down the hallway. Great. Fucking great. How was he going to get out of this now.

"What a pleasure to see you too, Mulciber. You just love to pin me against walls, don't you? Seems a little suspicious when you think about it. I mean don't you think you are too old for me? And trust me, you are definitely not my ty-" Regulus mocked, but Mulciber cut him off by throwing a quick curse at him. Regulus winced in pain. "Sorry, I forgot you don't have a sense of humor."

Mulciber pulled away from him and Regulus relaxed a little. For a stupid moment he was hopeful he could get out of this situation and then he realized that they still had him cornered and he didn't have a bloody wand. "How did you like Severus's little show at the game last week?" Avery taunted with a sneer.