XXXV. Fifth Year: Divination Partners and Love Potions

September 13, 1976 (Monday)

JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

James stood in front of his Quidditch team. Today had been their first practice and he was just wrapping everything up now. "Alright, well that's all for now. You are all free to go, but Regulus will you please stay back? I need to talk to you," he announced to them all.

Regulus looked like he was going to deny his request, but Hezekiah nudged him in the arm and he spoke, "Yeah, sure."

The rest of the team disappeared into the locker rooms and Regulus walked over to him. "What do you want, Potter?"

He brought an awkward hand to the back of his neck ridiculously flustered about this interaction like every other reaction he ever had with Regulus. "Um well. I guess I just want to um- check up on you. You seemed pretty upset that day on the train and I-."

"I'm fine," Regulus said cutting him off with an edge to his tone. "But um... thanks for caring. Sorry that sounds stupid, but well... I haven't exactly been friendly towards you always."

He let out a breathless laugh. "You think?"

Regulus winced a little at that and gave him an apologetic look. "Is that all you wanted to ask?"

"Um no actually, I wanted to ask if you want to work on our Divination project in the common room tomorrow."

Regulus gave him a little nod. Professor Epethall had assigned them as partners this year which James didn't mind because that meant Regulus was basically forced to talk to him all this year. "Yeah, sure. We can meet there at four if that works for you."

He quickly nodded. "Yeah, of course."

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, James," Regulus said as he walked off.

James couldn't help but smile as Regulus walked away. James. That was the first time Regulus had ever called him James and it made his stomach and heart do flips.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

September 14, 1976 (Tuesday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Regulus sat under one of the trees in the school courtyard with Evan, Barty, and Pandora. Dorcas had been with them, but she had left when she spotted Marlene McKinnon.

Barty and Evan were both sitting to his right doing their homework. Pandora was lying down with her head in his lap to his left. People whispered about the two of them as they passed by, but he really didn't care. Pandora was now like a sister to him and he didn't care what people thought her resting her head in his lap meant. He also truthfully appreciated anything that masked his homosexual actions of the past year.

"Reggie, darling," Barty singsonged. Regulus rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow at him. "What did you get for number eight on that charms paper?"