LXVII. The War: Tom Riddles Diary

October 29, 1978

KIAN ANSEL CRESSWELL

It was a month before Kian finally had another dream about the horocruxes.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

October 30, 1978

JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER

James stood around the table with all his other friends as Kian gave them the breakdown of his dream. Coincidentally, Regulus had the same dream last night.

"Are you 100% you aren't a seer too, Reg?" Pandora asked. "First the cave and now the chamber too."

Regulus shrugged from his spot next to James. "I don't know. It just feels like these horocruxes are reaching for me in my dreams begging me to set the souls of the people inside them free after godric knows how long."

"I get the same feeling," Kian agreed.

"So we have the chamber, scales, and a diary as our hints for this horocrux," James recapped. "Any ideas on what it is?"

Regulus's expression darkened and he nodded. "It's the chamber of secrets."

"The chamber of secrets?" Remus asked. "But that's just a Hogwarts myth."

Regulus shook his head. "I thought it was too but I don't know I just have... this feeling that's what it is. It feels like the place is drawing me in and I think I know how to locate it."

"So the horocrux, which I'm assuming is the diary, is in the chamber of secrets?" Pandora asked.

Regulus nodded. "Yeah, I'm like 95% sure."

"How the hell are we going to get into Hogwarts?" Kian asked. "The gates are closed and we can't apparate."

"I guess that's a good thing there is a Halloween Hogsmeade trip tomorrow," Remus stated.

Kian and Regulus's expressions both darkened at that. "They are still having Hogsmeade trips are what... after what happened last year?" Kian asked sounding so broken. James thought them still having trips was fucked up.

Regulus's expression shifted to anger. "Of course they are. Dumbledore doesn't give a flying fuck about anyone but himself."

"Naturally," Pandora agreed. "I hate to say I'm not surprised either."

Remus shifted the conversation back to what he was originally saying, "We can sneak into Hogwarts when they open the gates to go to Hogsmeade."

"But they will see us," Pandora pointed out.

At that moment, James understood Remus's plan. "We can use my cloak. Only two of us will fit under it though."

"Regulus should go with you. He said he feels a strong connection to the chamber and he is the one who possibly knows how to locate it," Kian suggested.

Regulus nodded. "Okay. I guess that settles it, me and James are going into the chamber of secrets tomorrow."

*:・゚*:・゚

October 31, 1978

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

Regulus navigated his way through the Hogwarts corridors pressed up against James under the invisibility cloak.

"I guess you are back here after all, Reggie," James pointed out. Regulus could tell he was trying to lighten the mood. They were both nervous, rightfully so. Regulus had died last time they horocrux hunted.