LII. Sixth Year: Regulus Doesn't Go Home

December 22, 1977 (Thursday)

JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

James stood on the platform with all his friends. Him, Marlene, Regulus, and Peter were the only ones staying over break. Remus had just reassured him and Pete that they didn't need to be there for this full moon.

The four of them were also the only Gryffindors staying over break. After the attack, all the parents just wanted their children at home and as far away from Hogwarts as possible.

He said his goodbyes to Remus, Sirius, Mary, and Dorcas before turning to Kian and speaking. "We will see you at the funeral tomorrow alright?"

Tomorrow was Aidan's funeral. They had arranged for the four of them to be able to floo to Aidan's funeral and Hezekiah's on the 28th.

"Alright. See you tomorrow," Kian replied weakly before he stepped onto the train.

James turned to Regulus. "Ready to go, love?"

Regulus gave him a small nod and they started to head back to the castle. Marlene and Peter followed them.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ ⭑
‧₊˚ ⋅ જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

December 23, 1977 (Friday)

KIAN ANSEL CRESSWELL

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

"Where are you going?" Ariana asked him as he put on his shoes at the door. Their dad was passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in his hands. Their mom head just been yelling at Ariana moments later as she stormed angrily around the house.

"Aidan's funeral," he answered simply. He saw the disappointed look she made when she realized he was leaving her alone with their parents. "Sorry."

She waved him off. "It's fine, I should be the one saying sorry."

He grimaced. "Can we not talk about it? I already have to go sit with his asshole family who are going to act like they knew who he was, but they didn't actually know who he was because they refused to admit who he truly was."

She gave him a sympathetic look. "You were a good friend to him."

"Boyfriend," he corrected. It was for the most part true and he just wanted to call Aidan his boyfriend at least once.

She raised her eyebrows at him. "That's new."

"We were going to be official boyfriends, but then the attack happened."

She pulled him into a quick hug. "Be safe. Please don't do anything stupid at the funeral."

"I won't, I promise."

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Kian pulled up to the funeral home. His friends were all waiting for him at the front doors. Marlene and Sirius were both smoking cigarettes. Remus was holding Sirius's free hand which Kian made a mental note to tell them to not do around Aidan's parents. James and Regulus were standing close enough together that their shoulders were touching. Frank and Alice were talking to the two of them. Peter, Mary, Lily, and Dorcas were chatting amongst themselves.