XLIII. Fifth Year: Apologies, Birthdays, and Rings

March 10, 1977 (Thursday)

SIRIUS ORION BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Sirius figured he had some apologies that were long due. He had been a dick lately and there were two people in specific who he needed to make a better effort with if he wanted to keep them in his life.

He decided to start with Remus.

Today was Remus's birthday. James and Peter had left Sirius alone to wake Remus up, clearly reading the room.

Sirius moved to sit down next to Remus on his bed. He lightly tapped him on the shoulder. "Come on, it's your birthday. You can't sleep forever, Moons."

Remus just shrugged his hand off his shoulder and muttered a "fuck off" into his pillow. Sirius smiled to himself, Remus was cute when he was cranky.

"Remus."

"Fuck off."

"I'll sing "Happy Birthday" obnoxiously loud in your ear if you don't get up," he warned.

"Fuck. Off."

Sirius started to sing loudly in Remus's ear. Remus spun around and clamped a hand over his mouth to shut him up. He let out a laugh against Remus's hand. "Morning, birthday boy."

"Did you really have to yell in my ear?"

Sirius shrugged. "I warned you, but that's not important right now. I have a gift for you."

He reached over and grabbed the present off the bedside table. He handed it to Remus. Remus carefully unwrapped the small package and he sucked in a breath when he saw it.

He had gifted Remus a snow globe, but it wasn't just any snow globe. Inside the snow globe was a werewolf and a dog playing together. The base of the snow globe read "Moony + Padfoot". On the bottom of the snow globe he had carved a "R+S." He had also scattered chocolates throughout the box for Remus. "Andromeda's husband, Ted, helped me make it."

Remus pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you, Sirius. I love it."

"That's good," he replied nervously. Remus pulled away from him. "It's a birthday gift, but it's also an apology gift I suppose."

Remus frowned at him. "Sirius-."

"No, please let me finish. I know we talked over the summer and you said the casual no label thing is fine, but I can tell it isn't. I've been hurting you and I hate that I have been. I've just been so scared, Remus."

Remus took Sirius's hand in his. "And I know that, Sirius. It's fine really. We don't have to label it. I don't want you to feel pressured into anything you aren't ready for."

"But I am ready. I want to label this Remus. I want you to be my official boyfriend," Sirius assured him, cupping Remus's face in his hands.

"I want to be your boyfriend too, Sirius. I always have."

"I love you, Rem. I love you so much," he confessed.