XLVII. Sixth Year: Sappy Reunions With The Head Boy

August 29, 1977 (Monday)

REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

Dear Reggie,

Meet me by the train bathrooms on Thursday? I've missed you this last month.

Love,
J.F.P

Dear Jamie,

You are lucky I'm at Hez's you absolute idiot. My parents could have seen your owl.

But, I will meet you there. I've missed you too. This last month has been shitty. I just want to be with you.

You are also lucky you signed your name "J.F.P" I could have told my parents I was getting a letter from Jamie Felix Perry (which I made up).

Love,
R.A.B

September 1, 1977 (Thursday)

Regulus made his way to the train bathrooms excitedly. He saw James waiting there for him. His face lit up when he saw Regulus. "Come here, you idiot," Regulus stated breaking out in a smile.

James look around before placing a short
but sweet kiss on his lips. "You might not want to insult me anymore."

Regulus played with the fabric on the collar of his boyfriend's shirt. "And why is that?"

James pulled a pin out of his pocket. "Because you are insulting the head boy."

Regulus looked down at the head boy pin in shock and disbelief. "You are head boy?!"

"Yep. Lils is head girl."

"That makes sense, but how the hell did you get head boy?!"

"I'm actually quite surprised myself, but I'm not upset about it. Plus, I am maturing after all."

"You're welcome for that by the way. I think I'm a good influence on you."

"Even if you were a bad influence I would still keep you around," James admitted.

He let out a little laugh. "Toxic much, don't you think?"

"Maybe, maybe not, but I believe we have a meeting to get to now."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖    ⭑
      ‧₊˚ ⋅   જ⁀➴๋࣭ ⭑๋࣭ ⭑

September 2, 1977 (Friday)

KIAN ANSEL CRESSWELL

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

He opened the door to the dorm to find Aidan lying on his bed. "I was looking for you at dinner. Why weren't you-."

He fully looked at Aidan and realized that he was drunk. He instantly knew something wasn't right. He sat down on the bed next to Aidan. Aidan reached up and ran his fingers down the side of his face which caused butterflies in his stomach. "Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are, Ki?"

That felt like a stab to the gut. "Ai... you are drunk."

"Doesn't make it any less true, darling," Aidan replied and Kian was sure that Aidan was going to kiss him, but then he pulled away and spoke again. "Do you know where Tanya is?"

Aidan was just twisting the knife now. The reminder was painful. For a stupid moment he had forgot this was how Aidan was. He flirted and then moved onto the next person never fully committing to anyone and letting himself catch feelings.

"I can't let you keep doing this, Ai. This constant hookup thing was fine before, but it's getting out of hand. You can't just make this your way of coping. It's fucking terrible. Naturally it's bad for the people you mess with, but it's even worse for yourself."

He knew he had gotten through to Aidan for a moment. Aidan was going to open up to him, but it was gone in an instant. "I'm perfectly fine. Can you just tell me where you saw Tanya last?"

"Aidan," he stated. He was practically begging for Aidan to talk to him now. He used to be able to get Aidan to open up all the time, but he hadn't been able to in the last year.

"I said I'm fine, Kian!"

His eyes fell on the small bruise besides Aidan's left eye for the first time. "Aidan, I'm not messing around. What the fuck happened?"

He watched something in Aidan snap. His breathing got heavy like he was about to start sobbing any moment. "My dad- he- he caught me and Daniel on the beach. He-..."

Aidan chocked on his words as he let out a sob. Kian pulled him into a hug, holding onto him tight. Aidan buried his face in his shoulder and sobbed. "Shit, Aidan. I'm so fucking sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. He had no right to hurt you."

"Yeah well in his eyes he had every right to," Aidan croaked.

"But you know he didn't, right? Please tell me you know that."

"I- I think I do. I still feel like some part of me doesn't and that's why this thing with Tanya has been going on for so long now. When I'm around her I can make myself forget I like guys."

Kian felt a tear roll down his cheek. To see Aidan like this hurt because Aidan never got like this. He never allowed himself to. "Promise me you will stop doing the hookup thing. Promise me you will talk to me if you need to instead."

"I promise, Ki. I promise."

***

Words: 818