Chapter 42- Final Resting Place

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Everyone got in?" as others replied a yes, both Jungkook and Taehyung stepped into the boat to my relief. 

They both started lowering the ropes, sitting near the edge of the boat.

"Lower the behind first, she's slanting" Jungkook ordered the men. He was a professional of course.  He knew what he was doing. 

We all were going down from the ship, our boat was launching.  I released the breath I was holding till that time. The ship started slanting even more. I could hear the screams of the people who were dragged down. I closed my ears from my palms to avoid hearing the cries that felt like hollers digging into my brain.

The boat we were in was halfway down until the ropes that were taking us down got stuck, leaving us hanging in mid-air. The women started panicking. They hugged each other,  closing their eyes as if it were their last moment. Because of the slant, the ropes were stuck in the wheels, not being able to slide down.

"Shit!" Men cursed under their breaths.

"Jungkook, we have no other option but to cut the ropes." Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who was at the other end.

"It might destroy the boat,"

"We'll end up dying if we get pulled with the ship," Jungkook clenched his jaws. He had no option but to agree at that point.

"I'll climb up the rope and cut it-"

"I'll help" Before even Jungkook could reply he started climbing with the knife between his teeth. Jungkook followed him, climbing up the other rope.

The males near the edges started cutting the ropes away as they understood that if they did not do it, it was going to be the end of them, the end of all of us.

I watched Jungkook with a thumping heart. He gazed at me and smiled before climbing up, gesturing that he'd be alright. He climbed up higher and started cutting the ropes in a rush.

The next few minutes were the most horrifying moments of my life.

As the ropes were cut off one by one, the boat started swinging, losing its balance. The ship started elevating with another creak, giving a hefty bump, out boat swung. I held in tightly,  praying that I wouldn't be flying away to the dark black ocean.

Almost all the ropes were cut when the most unfortunate thing happened. The most unexpected thing happened.  The last person I wanted to see alive appeared on the deck, in the level we were in, aiming a gun.

Beom Hyeon

Everything happened in the blink of an eye.

I could see the cruel grin of satisfaction in the corner of his lips. He was bloodthirsty, It didn't matter the fact that we were in the middle of a disaster, all he cared about was succeeding on his only mission, which was to take his revenge on behalf of his dead brother.

"Park Y/n!" I heard his raspy voice calling my name. He started laughing like a maniac. He laughed like a mindless psychopath. His gun aimed at us. Everyone stood frozen as they saw that.

But the sudden force of the ship made him unable to let him do what he desired. He lost his balance but his hand was quick enough to pull the trigger which aimed directly at Jungkook instead of me. I saw the monstrous smirk in him as he fell from the deck, getting sucked by the merciless ocean, finding his final resting place at the deep Atlantic.

But he succeeded...He won in the end.

He won by making my life a living hell just like he promised.

It was worse than dying...

I took what was precious to him and he took the perfect revenge by taking away the love of my life, making me suffer to death.