16.

Trisha stares at the lift door impatiently. Her eyes are showing her desperation and worry.

It's 11 am but Ryan didn't come to the office. She is waiting for him.

She saw Gaurav coming out of his office.

“Sir, Is Ryan sir not coming today??" She asked him.

Gaurav look at her and shook his head,
"No, he is on leave for few days,”

She frown and her face fell down hearing this,
"Why? Is he okay??”

"Yeah, actually he is-..” his words are cut off by his phone ring.

"Excuse me,” saying he picked up his call and walked away while talking on his phone.

Trisha fist her palm tightly then letting out a frustrated huff, she sat on her chair thinking about Ryan.

Rubbing her sweaty palms, Aaruhi looks around her room which is now filled with her dresses, jewelry and other gifts which Roy's family sends for her.

Today is her wedding. Few hours more before she and Ryan will tie in the sacred knot of marriage in front their family

She is happy, excited, nervous and scared.

She lay down on the bed and closed her eyes to calm herself. Suddenly a beautiful smile formed on her face as she remembered their last night encounter.

Few years back

Aaruhi - 17
Ryan  - 18

Aaruhi giggled with her friends as they entered the Venue hall. She looked around the beautiful hall, decorated with balloons and colorful lights illuminating the hall.

“Woah!! It's so beautiful," her one of her friends said while the other nodded.

"Aaruhi, see there is a drink section also. It's going to be so fun,” Aaruhi looks at the left side of the hall to see various alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

She scrunch her nose in disgust before turning her face to the other side.

“Let's go there," one of the girls said, pointing towards bar selection.

“No, Riya, we are underage…" Aaruhi told them.

They roll their eyes giving her a boring look.

"Oh come on, Aaruhi. Don't kill the fun. It's our farewell, yaar!,”

“I am not interested…" Aaruhi told them, not really appreciate their action.

"Fine then don't come. We are going,” saying they all walk away.

Aaruhi shook her head at them. She walked around and met her classmates.

Suddenly her eyes fell on Ryan who was standing with his friends while drinking orange juice.

She blushes as she finds him looking handsome in black t-shirt and black jeans. At the same time he also turned towards her. He stops talking as he takes a quick look and smiles lightly.

Her cheeks turn redder. She shyly tucked her hair strand behind her ears.

Ryan looked when one of his friends called him and again he got busy with them.

Aaruhi sat on one of the chairs and looked around but her eyes again went to Ryan who was laughing and talking with his friends.

She knows she has a huge crush on him. They have been studying together in the same class for almost 10 years so she got to know many things about him. And the more she learns about him, the more she feels inclined to his charm.