6.

Fidgeting with her fingers in nervousness, Aaruhi is staring at the door of the hut where Ryan is. She is sitting in a chair outside the Hut.

With her , the old lady, known as Amma ji among the people here, is also sitting but on the other side. 

Suddenly a man comes out of the Hut and turn to Amma ji,

“He wakes up, Amma ji. You can meet him," 

Aaruhi stood up with a bright smile and happy tears in her eyes. 

Amma ji nodded and stand up then looking at Aaruhi smiling with tears standing in her place, she said in her usually authoritative voice,

“Don't you want to meet your fiance?" Aaruhi turns to her as her smile drops slightly.

She nodded eagerly and walked inside without waiting for anyone.

Amma ji shakes her head before stepping inside the Hut to see Ryan.

As Aaruhi steps in, she finds Ryan sitting on the cot and his head wrapped with bandages. She couldn't stop herself from tearing seeing him. 

“Ryan…" she whispered. 

Ryan turned his head hearing the tinkling sound of her jewelry.

Aaruhi bites her lips, controlling herself from breaking down but her eyes turn glossy. 

She walked to him and sat beside him on the stool.

“You really scared me…" she said softly to which Ryan gave her a tiring and guilty smile.

"Are you okay? You are not hurt, right?” she shook her head.

"How are you feeling?” 

"Just a slight headache, I am okay. Don't worry,” he assured to which she smiled in relief. She finally felt her heart at rest.

“Kamal, how is he now?" The old lady asked as she looked at the physician.

"Amma ji, he is alright. There is nothing to worry about. He may experience weakness due to blood loss except that he is good to go,” Amma ji nodded before turning to Aaruhi and Ryan.

Ryan frowns seeing that old lady and a few men in the room. Before he could ask Aaruhi about them. Amma ji looks at Aaruhi who is looking nervous.

“Now that he is okay, we should have some talking about you both," Ryan was confused but Aaruhi seemed scared.

"See girl, in our community, if a boy and girl stay together alone without marriage is considered a crime whether engaged or not and you both did this. But since you both went through so much, we will let you both go…  ” Aaruhi smiled at her.

“Thank you so-..." Her words but cut by Amma ji.

“But before leaving from here you have to get married before out God as you both go against our rules and making our ancestors and God angry with you act, even if it was a unintended," 

Their eyes widened in shock.

Ryan looks at Aaruhi who is scaring at Amma ji in disbelief. 

"What is this nonsense? Aaruhi, what is she saying? What marria-” Aaruhi turns to him and quickly holds his palm stopping him from saying something which reveals their lie.

Ryan gives her a questioning look seeing her pleasing him through her eyes. Ryan went silent.

Aaruhi turn to Amma ji and said,

“Amma ji we are sorry for our mistake but we can't just marry like this. Please understand," she plead 

"Okay then be ready to die. Our ancestors and gods are angry and to make them happy we have to sacrifice something as an apology. And since you both committed the forbidden act, you both will be sacrificed tonight, be ready,” Aaruhi looked at her with a horrified expression.