5.

“How dare you enter our territory, girl?"

Aaruhi looked at the group of men in front of her. She notices big sticks, with pointed metal edge, in their hands and guesses they might be some tribal group. Also their dresses have unique but beautiful patterns on their clothes with turban on their head. 

“Don't you have a tongue or are you deaf, speak up!?" Suddenly one of the men said in a hard stern tone making her flinch.

"Wa. Wate..”

"These city people! I am telling you, Keval…they won't let us live in peace. Not satisfied with the damage these people have done to cities, now they are here to destroy our home,” a young looking man said, giving her a disgusted look.

She shook her head and said,
“No, you all are getting me wrong. I am here for water. I need it,"

“But what are you doing in this forest, all alone?” The man, named Keval asked in his deep hard tone.

“I am not alone. I am here to get water for him only. Plea-" 

"Him??” An old man asked her, cutting her word. He then shares a look with the other men communicating through their eyes.

Aaruhi nodded and said,
“He is injured badly, please let me go…” she pleaded.

“So you and that man are alone in this forest, huh?" Keval asked her with a tone of judgment .

She hesitantly nodded looking at them and seeing their judgmental eyes on her, she felt nervous.

“These outsides make our home dirty with their presence. Girl, this is not your city where you all can do whatever you want. You are in our territory and breaking our rules and going against our culture is a forbidden act. And you are not going to get away with the consequences of hurting our culture and making our God angry with you and your companion’s unholy presence in our home," Hearing their words made Aaruhi panic.

"No you are getting me wrong, sir. We are helpless. I just come here in search of water,” she tries to make them understand as they get her and Ryan wrong.

“Then what are you doing with a boy alone in this forest? Who is he to you??"
She gulped hearing their angry tone.

"Is he your brother?" The old man asked to which she shook her head as no.

“Or your husband??" Her eyes started burning when they gave her a dead look after she again shook her head.

She felt so helpless as she was stuck in this situation while Ryan must be waiting alone. He is alone and in a vulnerable state which makes her worried for him. She just wants to run away from here and be with her Ryan.

“Please let me go. We meant no harm to you people…" she pleaded with them with tears in her eyes.

“Just kill them so these city people learn their lesson and never dare to intrude in our territory. These people will be a lesson for others," The old man said, not melting with her pleading and tears.

“NO!!! Please…you can't do that. It's a crime," she said, feeling dread hearing them talking about killing them.

"Don't teach us, girl. Search for her partner then just get over with them,” He said and then send a few men to bring Ryan there.

Aaruhi shook her head, feeling scared.

“Don’t, please…He is injured badly and needs medical help. For God's sake, stop them…" she shouted helplessly but they didn't pay heed to her.

“We are not strangers. We know each other. Please, believe me. We have no bad intentions. We are just stuck here," she cries silently while attempting to make them believe her but they just give her emotionless and cold looks.