FĪFTY SÎX

"Alright, ready again

"Alright, ready again." I told her as I stepped back and did a pose for like the hundredth time because she just didn't seem to be getting it right. "Please tell mi seh at least one a dem tek good." I walked back over and took the phone to look at the pictures.

" I walked back over and took the phone to look at the pictures

"How dem look?"

"Y yah behave like a footdicap?" She usually took great pictures so why was she doing me so bad with these pictures? "A only like five a dem picha yah look good."

"Mi try mi best."

"Suh yuh seh."

"Come." We were at a surprise engagement party for one of her cousins and I found it really sweet. I was so happy for her and I didn't even know her but I'm sure she deserved it.

"How long have they been together?"

"Six months." When a man knew, he knew. "She was in a relationship with a guy for two years and he did her so bad."

"I'm so happy for her."

"Same."

"Which one a dem?" She pointed him out, understanding what I was asking. "He seems nice."

"He is. Mi meet him wen him come a Jamaica di last time."

"Okay."
°••••••••••••••°

I felt someone tap me on my shoulder and I turned my head to look but saw no one. Kissing my teeth I turned back around because we were waiting for the bride to be but she hadn't come yet.

I felt another tap on my other shoulder and turned around only to look up and my eyes made four with Nasir's.

Nasir?

I turned around and launched myself into his arms because I was so happy to see him. "Hi baby."

"You said Sunday."

"I changed my mind because I missed you."

"But yuh work."

"It can wait."