THÍRTY SÌX

"Yuh inna mi way

"Yuh inna mi way." She said as she passed me to get to the shower. "Can you move?" She kissed her teeth as I stepped to the side so she could get whatever she was trying to get which turned out to be her hair brush.

She said she didn't feel any kind of way about the miscarriage because things like these happened all the time but she had become so angry and easily irritated so I knew something was up but she wouldn't talk to me.

I still tried my best to be here for her whenever she needed me but she made it clear that she didn't want me around and that was fine because it was her decision so I couldn't really fight her but I would rather she pretend to not need me while I was here than to leave and then when she needed me, I wasn't here.

"Weh yuh want fi dinner?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Yuh nuh eat nthn since breakfast yesterday morning suh how yuh fi nuh hungry?"

"Cause mi nuh hungry suh leave mi alone."

"Yuh affi eat smthn Iyana suh stop behave stubborn."

"Not from your hands dem tho." Something else was going on in her head and because she wouldn't talk to me, I had no clue what to do, how to try and help her. "Plus wen yah plan fi guh home?"

"Home is wherever you are."

"Yuh si y mi neva did wah come live a yuh place fi free cause just because a ur place, mi nuh ave no say in yah."

"Weh yuh really a medz?" I asked as I tried to make eye contact with her in the mirror but she was avoiding it. "All because I don't want to leave you alone seeing that you went through something traumatic."

"Just get out so I can shower."

"Okay." I left the room and she slammed the door shut behind me making an involuntary sigh leave my lips. I walked over to the side table and picked my phone up to call Mrs. Mitchell to make something for her to eat but it started ringing.

Denielle....

Denielle and I dated just before I met Selena because we seemed to want different things then but we dated briefly just before I got with abc until we went our separate ways again.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that she reached out to me about a job and I needed an assistant so I decided to hire her without running it by anyone, not even Iyana which was a dumb move.

"Yow." I answered when I accepted the call and put the phone to my ear.

"Yow? Who yah answer yow?"

"Wah wrong wid yow?"

"I don't like it."

"Yes Denielle, was there something that you wanted?"

"That's better but I was just calling to ask if you wanted to go have some drinks with me."