FÕRTY FÎVĒ

I was standing at the bathroom sink washing my hands as I waited for Kyra who was using the bathroom and I got a little bit lost in stream of water coming from the faucet

"A weh yuh did a duh last night mek dem nyam nyam up fi yuh neck suh?"

"Wah?" I asked as I slowly came out of my thoughts and looked at over at her.

"A who full up yuh neck wid suh wid hickey?" My eyes went wide and my hands reached for my throat as I moved closer to the mirror to examine my neck.

"Shit." Mi tell dis man seh nuh fi leff nuh hickey pan mi enuh an a dat him duh.

"Looks like you had a time last night." She said with a slight smirk and I avoided her eyes.

"Suh mi been a walk round di ppl dem place wid di wul a mi neck bruise up?" I sighed and groaned aloud. "Nuh wanda Akeel did a look pan mi suh funny."

"Was it good?" She asked and I gave her the side eye. "Yuh nah fi badda ansa cause from yuh ave hickey, mi know yuh full joy yuh self." She was way too happy while I was having a panic attack. "Who was the lucky guy?"

"Yuh way too happy bout dis while mi a dead inside."

"Wul a wi a big ppl enuh an di wul a wi fuck suh it's not a big deal. Mi get di hickey ting still but dat a easy coverup babes suh nuh sweat it." She was right but what if I didn't remember to cover them up and people would use them as the highlight of every conversation. "Suh yuh nah tell mi a who?"

"Yuh too faas man."

"Nuh duh mi dat, yuh know yuh secret safe wid me."

"If mi talk bout it, it mean seh mi a acknowledge seh smthn happen an mi wah continue being in denial." I had a moment of weakness and one thing led to another. It wasn't my finest moment but I didn't want to take it back and that was the scary part.

"Bwoy even if nthn neva gwaan, di way how him nyam up yuh neck, mi would a affi think otherwise."

"Kyyyy." I whined and she chuckled. "Stop nuh."

"Relax nuh babes." She tilted my chin up and examined my neck for a few seconds. "Mi ave concealer inna mi pouch, it affi guh work fi now."

"Thanks."

"I got you baby. Nah fi seh 40."
••••••••••••••

Unlocking the door, I went in and locked it behind me before kicking off my shoes with a sigh.

Tiyad lakka dawg.

Today was a hectic day and I wanted nothing more than to take a bath and lay down. I went to turn down the hallway to head to my room when I heard laughing coming from the kitchen so I made a detour and I walked in on Nasir and Zahra laughing at something on her phone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked drawing their attention away from the phone because I hoped he didn't think that last night was going to be a regular thing.