THĪRTY FŌÜR

"Bestie, come yah deh

"Bestie, come yah deh."

"Boy if you don't-." I began to say as I pushed his head out of my cubicle but he licked my hand. "Ewwww. Y yuh suh nasty?"

"Yah listen tuh mi now?"

"Yes."

"Good cause mi been a call yuh name fi Di last minute an yuh nuh hear a ting. Is everything okay at home?"

"Bwoy yuh faas but talk weh yah seh, mi a listen."

"Have you seen the new girl?"

"Which one?" We've had a few interviews in the last two weeks because Nasir fired a whole bunch of people, fifteen to be exact and what's her face was one of them.

Thank god.

"Anuh we vet dah one here mi lav, the boss do it suh mi think yuh did know."

"Oh, suh wah bout di girl weh unnu a create excitement ova?"

"Di gyal stay real good." And that wasn't information that I really needed to know but Kj just mix up.

"And?"

"Personal assistant babes."

"Mi nah follow."

"She a Mr. Addler new PA."

"And?" That definitely did peak my interest because that meant that as his PA, she would be with him at all the places I wouldn't be and as much I loved him, and he loved me, men were still embarrassing.

"Since yah gwaan like yuh nuh curious fi si how di gyal look." I sat back in my chair and waited as he scrolled through his phone. "Look." I took the phone from him and looked at the picture that was on it. She was a pretty girl and she was fine too, definitely Nasir's type.

"Mi nuh si di issue."

"Gwaan back guh duh yuh work cause u mad enuh." He rolled his eyes and slid his chair back into his cubicle cursing to himself.

"Yuh nuh want yuh phone?"

"No." I chuckled before sitting back up and placing his phone next to mine.

"Iyana?" I heard my manager calling me and I stood up so she could see me. "Oh, good." She signalled for me to come to her and I walked over to her. "Can you bring these to Mr. Addler for him to sign then take them over to accounts for me please?"

"Sure."

"Okay, thanks mama." She was one of the only few people in our department that didn't treat me differently just because I was in a relationship with the boss and she was such a nice girl.

"Soon come." I walked out of the office and made my way down the several long hallways that led to his office. All mi deh yah a walk, hungry a buss mi shut enuh cause mi neva eat nthn from mawnin seeing as mi wake late an di man weh mi ave guh weh an couldn't wake mi.