FĪFTY FÖÚR

°Zahra Addler°

"A how it look like u an Oraine vex suh?" I heard her ask over the music and I looked up from my phone to see her staring at me.

"Long story."

"If yuh wah talk, mi deh yah."

"Lata." We were at a birthday party for one of his friends and I didn't know these people so I invited my best friend. He said it was his childhood friend and he had to be here but him a try beg fren suh him beg mi fi come wid him.

"Wahm Mrs. Bygrave?"

"Hi Zach." I greeted him with a smile as Oraine threw his arm around my shoulder.

"U good?" He asked and I nodded my head yes. "Yuh fren good?"

"Mi beat man suh think again." She said making me laugh as did he and she turned her head away from him.

"Mi deh ova yah suh wen yuh ready bro." He eyed Kriss once more before he walked off and she turned to look at me, clearly amused.

"Nuh know weh him tek dis ting fa."

"Yah real sample."

"Di mount a gyal ears mi si him a whisper whisper inna from night, him try find smaddy else fi tek fi eediat."

"Issa good yute man."

"Show mi yuh company." I scoffed and gave him the side eye before pushing him arm off my shoulder.

"Babes?"

"Bygrave, avoid mi please?"

"Krissy, yuh si how mi woman a deal wid mi?"

"Mi nah get inna di middle lovey."

"Mi an yuh a bredren enuh Kriss-ann, a suh yah deal wid mi?"

"While that is true." She kissed her teeth and chuckled. "Yuh know dat nuh work pan me."

"Mi think yuh did rate mi." She rolled her eyes and he chuckled. "Mi soon forward." He leaned in to kiss me but I moved my head. He looked at me for a few seconds before he walked away and I watched him go before kissing my teeth.
°••••••••••••°

"Mi ready." I grabbed my phone and my purse before getting up.

"Me too." I waited for her to get up and I walked off to find Oraine once I knew she was following me. I walked into the house and scanned the crowd as I walked further in hoping that I didn't have to go too far.

At this rate, I might just call my Dad to come get me because I was so over this whole scene and wanted to go lay in my bed.

"Yuh si him?" She asked as she walked up beside me and I continued scanning the crowd.

"Mek mi call him." I stopped and unlocked my phone before dialing his number and putting it to my ear. It rang twice before he picked up. "Weh yuh—."

"Oraine's phoooonne." A female voice said in a singsong voice and I had to be fighting the thoughts that were popping up in my head. "Helloooooo?"

"Serai, wah di fuck yah ansa mi phone fa bredda? Shit. Zai?"

"Fuck you Oraine." I ended the call and dialed my aunt's number. "Aunt Mila, can you come get me?" I asked once she picked up.

"Where are you?"

"Krissy and I are at a party but our ride is taking too long and I don't want to call daddy or mommy."

"Okay. Just share your location with me and I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks Auntie."

"Suh yuh nah wait pan Oraine?"