THÏRTY THRÈĒ

I was out to dinner with Nasir and Zahra

I was out to dinner with Nasir and Zahra. We did our little family dinner night out every two weeks and I loved it but I knew Zahra looked forward to it the most.

I didn't know that I could ever in my life, grow to love someone as much as I did her but she made it so easy.

My little, not so little baby.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt someone poking my cheeks and when I turned my head to look, I saw that it was Zahra and when I looked across the table, I saw Nasir with his phone up and an amused smile on his face.

"Mek mi eva si mi self pan nuh video inna yuh phone an si if mi nuh mash it up."

"Nuh me an yuh buy it suh mash it up." I rolled my eyes and hid my hand behind the other before giving him the middle finger. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Do you like this?" I focused my attention on what she was showing me on her phone.

"It's pretty." It was a rose gold charm bracelet. "Do you want it?"

"Yeah but I don't want to ask for something that I don't need." She was definitely spoiled but not in the way most kids were because she never asked for anything unless she thought she really needed it.

"But you know your dad isn't going to tell you no."

"I know but it's okay, I can do without it."

"If you think so then, okay." My phone vibrated in my lap and I picked it up to check what it was. I unlocked the phone and saw that it was a WhatsApp message but it was from an unsaved number.

I spy with my little eye, a pretty girl dressed in green and white....

Followed by a picture of me right in the moment sitting down at the dinner table with Nasir and Zahra.

My heart began pounding in my chest and I started looking around frantically trying to spot who I thought looked suspicious but I didn't even know who I was looking for.

Or did I?

"Babe, are you okay?" I looked at him and tears welled up in my eyes. "What?" I handed the phone to him with a trembling hand and watched as he read the message. "Zahra get yuh tings dem, wi ready."