FÕŪR

Saturday
7:17 pm.
°°°°°°°°°°°

I think for the first time in my life I looked like  I could definitely pass for someone's rich daughter or niece

"No girl, yuh mek mi feel like mi nah try tuh how good yuh look." Jamila said making me smile and I felt as good as I looked honestly.

"Yeah bestie, dem gyal deh nav nthn pan yuh. Talk truth." I felt my cheeks heating up at that and I had to turn my head away to hide the smile.

"Watch blush."

"Unnu stop." I didn't know where I was going but they both locked hands with me and were leading me to our destination.

We got to a set of double doors that were opened for us and I could see so many people inside. I suddenly started feeling self-conscious as some of them started looking at me and if not for Amyra and Jamila hanging on to me, I would have turned around and ran straight home.

"Loosen up." That was easy for her to say, they were used to this kind of thing and they fit in with these kinds of people whereas I didn't.

"Let's go find Aunt Debs to let her know we're here." I allowed them to continue pulling me with them since I didn't know where they were going.

"I see her." They led me over to where both of her parents were standing, talking to another couple. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation." Amyra said making our presence known when we finally got to them.

"Oh, it's okay sweetie." She smiled at them but smiled extra bright when she saw me and held out her hand to me. "I'm glad you came sweetie." They let go of me and I took the hand that she had outstretched to me.

"Thank you for inviting me."

"You're always welcome honey." She turned her attention back to the couple in front of us and turned me around to face them. "Jon and Elizabeth, this is Amyra's oldest and dearest friend Iyana McKinney."

"Nice to meet you both." They both offered me warm smiles and the lady shook my hand while the man just offered me a head nod.

"She is very pretty."