ŞËVĖŃȚĔĘŇ

"Stay away from Joshua

"Stay away from Joshua." I was startled because I hadn't seen her come up behind me.

"Excuse you?" She was the only one that wanted her man because as a pretty girl, why was she settling for someone like Josh who didn't like her, he couldn't if he was out here trying to get with me.

"Please just stay away from him?" She grabbed my arm and I looked at her to see genuine fear in her eyes. "He—."

"Zuri." She was cut off by him calling her name and she let out a shaky breath before forcing a smile onto her face and stepping away from me.

"Hey babe, I was just saying hi to our neighbour." She walked past me and went to stand next to him.

"She's so pretty isn't she?" He asked to which she nodded and I could visibly see her flinch when he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"It was nice meeting you Iyana."

"Nice to meet you too Zuri." I told her before I opened my door and hurried inside, completely ignoring Josh.

She seemed to be terrified of him and she had a slight limp in her walk so that could only signify one thing and that was him being abusive.

I felt for her because I knew what that felt like but what could I do to help her without putting both of our lives at risk? It shouldn't be this complicated but it was because any move that cast him in a bad light could end in bloodshed and I didn't want that.

God, help me?
°°°°°°°°°°°°

It felt like we were in this meeting forever but there was only one place I really wanted to be right now and that was with Iyana

"A show of hands for all who are in agreement with implementing the new designs for the Watson and son's project." There were ten people including myself in the meeting and majority voted yes. "If there isn't anything else to discuss then the meeting is adjourned. Thank you guys." I grabbed my phone and my files before hurrying out of the conference room and heading to my office.